You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

Axlin16 wrote:

I wouldn't fuck Britney Spears if given the chance.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Tiger Woods is a bigger celebrity than Britney Spears.

No he is not.

And yes I'd do Britney ina  heartbeat. When she's on she's really fucking on!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

At least we can all agree on fucking Brittney Spears. 5

No arguing that point! 22

I honestly believe that this album won't follow the "normal" path many records follow.  I think the lack of promo, lack of Axl, lack of a video, etc hurt the initial sales.  HOWEVER, I do believe the better songs (Better, If The World, T.W.A.T., The Blues) will help this album.  It won't be another Dark Side of the Moon (which stayed on the charts an eternity) but I think it will fall off in sales but then have relatively high sales corresponding with the releases of singles like Better, The Blues, etc.  Of course IF these singles happen.  If there is more promo that will help and videos would do wonders.  Alot of fucking IFS there but I do think my theory will hold true.  We'll see soon.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well I will wait a little and see if you flip flop on that like you do with Guns N' Roses:haha::haha:

Not even once? I'd be all over that in a second.. Make her dress up in the baby one more time outfit.. And I will stop before I ruin some virgin eyes.:haha:

Gunslinger wrote:

Still doesn't mean much to me.  My interest is the number of units sold within the first couple of months, in particular the first month.

How many would it have sold had it not been a Best Buy exclusive?  Best Buy isn't exactly on the same level as say a Wal-Mart. 

I still say it will do better (by a million or so) than Contraband did when the smoke clears.  To me that's successful enough.  I never thought it would be the 10 million units sold like some people dreamed of.  I guesstimate it will sale 3-3.5 million copies.

Keep in mind that the target crowd will NOT be the downloaders like most of us, it will be the guys who still buy cds at Wally-World or wherever.  I was in Wal-Mart today buying some stuff (for fuck's sake STAY AWAY from Wal-Mart until after Xmas...it's HELL!!!) and a Forty-ish looking "good 'ol boy" was looking for the album.  This isn't over.

Totally Agreed!! I think that it only being available at Best Buy could have totally hurt the sales it's first week if people don't know that it's only available there.   When they find that out, now they are going to get the album.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

At least we can all agree on fucking Brittney Spears. 5

just the tip... just for a second... just to see how it feels... 22

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

BLS-Pride wrote:

[Well I will wait a little and see if you flip flop on that like you do with Guns N' Roses:haha::haha:

karma 16

BLS-Pride wrote:

Not even once? I'd be all over that in a second.. Make her dress up in the baby one more time outfit...

double karma 9

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well I will wait a little and see if you flip flop on that like you do with Guns N' Roses:haha::haha:

Not even once? I'd be all over that in a second.. Make her dress up in the baby one more time outfit.. And I will stop before I ruin some virgin eyes.:haha:

Yeah, not do Britney Spears..that's kind of a nutty opinion. I'd do her with the shaven head even.

Like that guy Jason Alexander, he'll never pay for a beer again for the rest of his life. "Dude! I gotta buy you one! You the man!". The movies, parking tickets..you can just forget about it. You'd get more pull than a well shaped blonde.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I love how the word 'flip flop' is being thrown around, which I never did. roll

I love the new band, but we all know what the real future for this brand is.

As for Britney, maybe it's because when I was in middle school, all the boys were crazy about her, and I had to hear about it everyday with Baby One More Time, etc....

Nah, i'd pass on Britney. I've been steadfast in that opinion for 10 years. I was always more of a Mandy Moore guy...

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think in hind-sight, Wal-Mart was the better deal.

Swap out Riad & Sorry with two other songs, and get a bigger payday, and more record sales. Wal-Mart gave AC/DC a great push, and probably would've done the same for GN'R.

I agree with this point of view.  Best Buy just isn't large enough in comparison.

Board footer