You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: One of my stray cats just got killed

James wrote:

What a fucked up day. I know I mentioned these cats at the old site. They were strays that I feed all the time. Not really all that old either, and I had considered bringing at least one of them in my house and making it a house cat, as long as my three indoor cats(mainly Duff) didn't put up much of a fuss. Amos was my favorite. He was really calm and would let me hold him. The other two were named Andy and Fraidy. I fed these cats so much they were like fattening hogs.

I just walked outside to check the mail and one of them was smashed on the side of the road. Amos and Andy were basically twins so I didn't know which of them it was, so I brought some food outside and the two surviving cats came over. I tried picking the twin up and he wouldn't let me, so Amos is the one that was killed.

DAMN!:flame:

I should have brought him in the house when I first thought of it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's always tough to lose a friend.  One of our cats died right around my birthday last year and I'm still not over it.  Sorry to hear about this James.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

It's heart breaking when we loose an animal.

At one points, we had 9 cats and 3 dogs, one puppy got stolen almost in front of us, too late to realise, one cat hanged itself, and three cats were " stolen by labs".

It's upsetting.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aww James I am sorry.    Losing pets is just as devastating and sad as losing people you love.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I don't live far off the main road so it's never a matter of "if" with my pets (I prefer cats), it's always a matter of "when".  I look at it now the same way as I look at life with loved ones in general...cherish every day, waste no time and have no regrets.  Sorry for the blow James but I'm sure you gave him a good life while he was with you, that's all that really matters in the end.

Scarlett
 Rep: 2 

Scarlett wrote:

I'm so sorry, sweetie. I know just how attached you get to these little darlings- it is heart breaking every time you lose one. They're just like family to most of us pet owners.

We've lost six cats in three years time. Two were from old age, one disappeared after a snow storm (he was a rescue kitten that we were never able to make into a house cat, unfortunately), and the other two that were rescue kittens both had heart defects- one died at 1 and 1/2 years of age, and his sister was 2 and 3/4 years old- both of them were small cats and had kitten sized hearts that never grew to adult size.

The other one died the day after Labor Day- she had a seizure and died before we could get her to a vet- she was one of three we picked out and brought home from the Humane Society last year the week before Christmas. So strange that my first three cats lived to old age, while the three rescue kittens didn't make it past 3 years and our other one was estimated to be 2 years old.

I was thinking of adopting another one from the Humane Society, but sometimes I wonder if it's worth all the pain of getting attached to them and then losing them. They're like little kids to me and losing them is just heart breaking. I'm sure I'll have a new one soon to keep the other two company, but I need more time to get over her loss- she was just the sweetest and silliest little cat.

Hugs to you, James, and buzzsaw, too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sorry to hear that man, shitty news sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

our one cat kept shitting on the floor so we tried her as an outdoor cat....she never came back so i dunno what happened to her, so yeah my internet namesake is gone now sad that was a few months ago now t hat she disappeared

sorry james sad

Board footer