You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: what are we disappointed with?

Axl has used CD to explain his side to a lot of issues. Lennon did that to McCartney. Some artists prefer to use their music to send messages.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

honestly, i wonder if axl actually feels guilty for his part with the way things went down with the old band and for releasing an album under the gnr name without the guys that helped build the gnr name. that would explain his hiding out. and before someone tries to tell me that this is how axl always is, you are wrong. you only have to go back as far as early '06 when axl tought the album was coming out and you will see a much more public axl. now that it's actually been followed through with he realizes how he truly feels.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

disclaimer: everything below this is a matter of personal opinion. i do not care about the no. of units sold by this band/record. i am a downloading motherfucker. if you have an issue with that, please ignore this post.

- most of the songs have a low point for me. it seems that in every song there is a part that shouldn't be there, whether it's too many guitars in some or a lack of guitar in others (yes, you've read that correctly), or a solo that makes me cringe, or axl shouldn't be in the song (yes, again).

- no epic song from start to finish, nothing that screams "greatness" when you hear it. no "rock anthem"

- incorrect lyrics and missing lyrics, full verses even, on the album booklet

- no band promotion. a 30 second clip on tv promoting a name (guns n' roses) and an album name (chinese democracy) doesn't count as promotion.

- no acceptable website.

- 60% of the songs have been played live years ago. it takes away the freshness of the album. if there would have been an album only with new songs and it would have leaked like any albums leak a few weeks prior to the official release it would still have sounded fresh.

- 6 guitar players and 2 drummers is not a band that can tour. everyone will have their favorites they want to see touring and that causes more discussion and can't kill the "axl rose solo album" viewpoint

- lack of general promotion. not a single interview on a mainstream magazine. not a single tv appearance on a mainstream tv show. not a single radio interview. not even a small tv performance.

- no official band. a line-up on myspace with people who still haven't got a major thing going on besides gn'r is not a line-up

- no video whatsoever. i would even take a cartoonish video, anything that could get played on tv and pass as a music video.

- not one single official photo with the members of the band. is that so hard to get 5-8 people to pose together for a band photo?

"get on board or fuck off" - i am waiting on the station platform to get on board but the train is not coming. i'm still waiting.

the disappointment comes from the fact that i expected to have something to relate to with the release of this record, a band and great songs from start to finish, i haven't got either. i wished it would put the new band on the map for the world to see. that's still pending.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

these are the things i don't like about it...and the reason i don't like them is because we were led down a different road as to what to expect not by media but by Axl and the GNR camp themselves:

- its a leaks album

- it not "big" enough for me...i expected at least a DVD to be included in the package...a tshirt and a belt buckle is not good enough...

- poor quality artwork

- no "story" to it....

- no interview from one person i would like to hear from the most

- no video(s)

- i still don't know who is in the band

having said that, there are lots of things about it that i do like...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm disappointed that this friggin thing wasn't released in 2002 16

I'm really disappointed in the arrogance of this band and its leader.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Musically I'm not dissappointed, I think the albums really good. I guess there's a bit of dissapointment that a lot of the songs weren't new, but then again I partly view that as my own fault for downloading the leaks. That's almost a whole other issue entirely but for the sake of going way off topic I'll just say part of me was underwhelmed when I first read the tracklist. 

On the whole though I like the album, it's everything that's gone with it that just leaves me uninterested in the whole thing. This was meant to be the glorious return of GNR, instead it's a rushed album release with apparently zero interest from anyone involved (who's allowed to talk or has anything interesting to say). This ship's supposedly being steered by Azoff and Gold, they could make a homeless tramp a number 1 selling artist if they wanted, and yet CD which supposedly had a 'monumental campaign' behind it has seemingly been swept under the carpet.

I know it seems like we're never satisfied, a year ago wouldn't we all have said I don't give a fuck how it's released just get it out there? Now here it is and and we still feel short changed. For me at least it's because all the promo stuff that goes with an album release is as exciting for a fan as the album itself. Appearances, interviews, tours, all things fans look forward to and all things that go with an album release, yet here we are looking on in the dark again barely sure if we've still got a band to support.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think we're happy to finally get the album, whether it met our expectations or didn't, but we're disappointed cause we believed Axl's words over the years about proper promotion and huge, long-lasting world tours, we hoped that we'd know the whole story (remember the wishlist for CD? - people were more interested to see the story in linear notes of the songs that make the album than how much they cared about the actual track list). We hoped that GN'R (Axl) would rule the world again.

Instead of this we got no interviews, no tv apperances, no tour, a rushed booklet, very few new music (for us), and a flop on the charts.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
downliner wrote:

Management must really believe their (upcoming) monumental marketing campaign to be strong if they have the balls to even use the word "soon" around GNR fans.

Yeah that's the kind of thing that confuses me. Like the release of the long awaited album is going to be what drives the most traffic to your website. Why not have the online store operational? I mean i dont want the band to be obsessed about money and not art or whaever..but at the same time they just throw away chances to make this bigger than it is....

Board footer