You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: BEYOND offensive truck in Detroit

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

"Trader to america"

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah that is a pretty idiotic tailgate.

The ones that say, "To All Arabs, Kiss My American Ass" and "Out of Toilet Paper, Use That Koran"

Those aren't really that offensive. And I say because unlike alot of people, I don't see any real reason to run around the world apologizing for being American, fuck that... and the other one refers to a religion, which really deserves no real protection in my eyes. Christians too. They have a right to their religion, and I fuck a right to tell them to fuck off. jmho

The rest are pretty damned inflammatory. Surprised that dude hasn't had his truck vandalized.

Hey Russ, I thought the Detroit area has a REALLY high population of Muslims? I'd figure one of them would've been on that truck fast by now.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I don't think he likes Arabs? Or traders?

Lomax wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah that is a pretty idiotic tailgate.

The ones that say, "To All Arabs, Kiss My American Ass" and "Out of Toilet Paper, Use That Koran"

Those aren't really that offensive. And I say because unlike alot of people, I don't see any real reason to run around the world apologizing for being American, fuck that... and the other one refers to a religion, which really deserves no real protection in my eyes. Christians too. They have a right to their religion, and I fuck a right to tell them to fuck off. jmho

The rest are pretty damned inflammatory. Surprised that dude hasn't had his truck vandalized.

Hey Russ, I thought the Detroit area has a REALLY high population of Muslims? I'd figure one of them would've been on that truck fast by now.

Who'd vandalize it?
The thing about the average Arab is that their religion doesn't let them do things like that.
It's highly oppressive methinks.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Of course you don't need to apologize for being an American, but this specific sticker isn't really about apologizing is it? I mean, you can perfectly "not apologize" by not having this sticker on your car, can't you? My take is you have a lot less to apologize for if you don't have this sticker plastered on your bumper.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Those aren't really that offensive.

Not to start shit but I sort of think they are.

The problem with the first one is that it's generalising against ALL arabs presumably because the driver has a problem with some arabs. There are arab americans, arab-europeans, there are arab-arab i'm guesing who don't harbour ill-will to the usa. I'm guessing the attitude stems from the war, so then the sticker is pretty much assuming that anyone of arab bloodline is a terrorist sympathiser - which is kind of offensive to those that arn't. Or if it's not about the war then it's just as bad as having an anti-african amercian, anti-jewish, or anti-white sticker on your car. In any event it's branding people by their race.

For the same reason you shouldn't have to appoligise for being an american, they shouldn't be classified as something just because of their country of origin. Hense offensive.

As for the crack against the Koran...well that's just the same as having a shot at the bible or some other document that is important to many, or, if you arn't religious, think of it as having a go at something that's close to your heart and your beliefs. So it's like having a bumper sticker saying "fuck your mother in her ass" or something...maybe there's a right to say it...but it's definately offensive as it serves no purpose other than to mock the feelings others hold toward that object.

Not that i'm from the middle east or islamic but i can see there's pretty solid grounds for offense there!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Imagine driving down in Texas with "The Bibel is toilet paper" on your car...

Board footer