You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: GNR headlining Governor's Ball

BLS-Pride wrote:

He's more relevant than GNR on this line up. There are a few more hip hop acts performing too.. Not their crowd. Not at all. They stick out like a sore thumb. Hope they play well and show the audience a good time but I doubt many will be paying attention. I've been too this festival before. I can't see it working.

Wouldn't mind going again and seeing The Avett Brothers and Nas though. Few others on that list as well. Rest are crap.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

How are they any more out of place than Kanye West?  Are people bothered by his presence there?

No offence but if you really need me to answer this than you're so far out of touch I don't know what to say.  Gn'R like BLS said stick out like an insanely sore thumb on this bill.  It's painfully obvious.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Read any of those petition comments? Yikes.

Really sad to read those comments on Facebook too. Then even more sad to think how irrelevant GNR is in today's' music scene. The worst is reading forums dedicated to GNR and realizing half the posters practically feel the same way (myself included to a degree.)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

He's more relevant than GNR on this line up. There are a few more hip hop acts performing too.. Not their crowd. Not at all. They stick out like a sore thumb. Hope they play well and show the audience a good time but I doubt many will be paying attention. I've been too this festival before. I can't see it working.

Wouldn't mind going again and seeing The Avett Brothers and Nas though. Few others on that list as well. Rest are crap.

Who booked them for this? They must be total morons. Can't wait to see how the crowd reacts when they come out, sheesh.

Damage control:

6fz443.jpg

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

this is ridiculous...  they can start petitions all they want. ever heard of contracts? and about any band sticking out like a "sore thumb": i saw jay-z playing before slash and metallica at rock am ring and except for some close minded idiots who tried to sabotage the show during the first minutes it went over really well. most festivals i went to had some acts, that didn`t necessarily fit into the line up and for the most part it worked really well.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

hipster douche on Facebook wrote:

I've been so vehemently loyal to GovBall for over a year now, telling all my friends about it, getting psyched listening to bands I hadn't heard of on last year's lineup, doing everything I could to support this festival. So take it from a loyal fan: This is the LAST possible thing anyone who truly loves this festival could want. Having Guns N' Roses headline won't just ruin the festival's unique vibe, it'll also completely destroy the end of one of the days and leave thousands of people with sour tastes in their mouths.

Jesus. Over-invested much? "I've relentlessly banged on about this festival to my mates, therefore I should have a say in who plays"? Wanker.

Actually, reading through the FB comments on that page is like a litany of everything that is wrong with the world now. God, I hate hipsters. Is there some way that Williamsburg could be cast into the waters of the bay?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Seems like a good occasion to bring out My World for a live debut.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Touring with Nu GnR only helps the new band's image to an extent, if they want to shut up the haters, Nu GnR is going to have to make a kickass album

There's no impressing the hipsters fucks, they will continue to hate GnR. Who Cares? I wouldn't want them as GnR fans

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

People are still calling them nuGN'R?

Board footer