You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Narcos - Netflix original

Will wrote:

Who else has binge watched Narcos on Netflix? 16

I've previously read a book about Pablo Escobar so I know everything that's going to happen, but still really enjoyed it. Don't really want to post spoilers since it's only been out a week and others may not be as familiar with the story.

Hidden Text:

Drug dealer, murderer, and terrorist aside.... I can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. I was clapping when he had the courtroom blown to shit along with all of the evidence against him 14

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I saw this on the Netflix page and wasn't sure if it was worth it. Ill check it out. I saw it mentioned somewhere else too. How many episodes are there? Netflix has been on a roll with original programming lately. Daredevil was really good.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I've been meaning to check this out. I really dug all the cartel stuff in Breaking Bad, and the trailer was cool. I'll have to see if I can't fit in some episodes this weekend.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I miss the days when Southie drug lords had class.

johndivney wrote:

Am loving it. Up to episode 8. Don't want to finish it!
I know the story & all, but I was still surprise that I found myself quite liking Escobar sometimes in the show!! They've done a great job, everyone involved.

It's really great. Top notch tv.

It'll need a rewatch too, cause there's so much funny stuff that i end up forgetting.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'm up to episide 4 and I'm digging it. Definitely agree with Johnny about liking Pablo. I'm early in and if I didn't know the truth I'd be pulling for him. More ntertaining than what's on regular TV.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was cheering for the "terrorist" 16 I can't recall the exact numbers, but pretty sure it says somewhere that Pablo was making $60,000,000 per day.... thats just insane, so not surprising that he got away with so much. If I had half that amount per day coming in I'd be paying off every fucker within 50 miles and telling them to protect me at all costs big_smile I'd also be paying Axl $60 million for each unreleased Chi Dem 2 demo he sent to my inbox lol

johndivney wrote:

That jail that he built!

This show is funny as fuck. Love it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I binge watched the entire first season and finished last week. Another awesome show by Netflix, who have single-handedly kicked cable's ass, Blockbuster's ass, and now networks TV's ass. 

I'd also recommend "House of Cards" if you haven't seen it. I can't give enough praise to the cast, especially Kevin Spacey.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Got around to watching this. Very entertaining.

The credit goes to Pablo Escobar for that though. This production is nothing special, like a well funded documentary. Nothing to really enjoy in the cinematic department. Music is meh, acting ordinary, photography just what it needs to be. Story isn't structured in any creative way either, just ploughing through.

So thank you Pablo smile

Board footer