You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: GnREvolution Chinese Democracy Elimination 2015 - Round 3

RaZor wrote:

This I Love has one of my favorite lines on CD "I've searched the universe And found myself Within' her eyes". I sing that to wifey sometimes when I want me some.

Also, I love the bridge on Shackler's. It's a bridge to nowhere, I know, but I absolutely love it.

I love Shackler's because it keeps the industrial sound that Axl was shooting for from the album's inception. It's insane with the guitar work, piercing drums, layered vocals, and keyboard arrangements. It's probably bumblefoot highlight on CD. fortus and bucket do some pretty sweet riffs and rhythm guitar parts on it too. Going back to your earlier comment, RaZor. It took me awhile to grow and love OMG as well and now it's one of my favorite cuts. It's fast and pissed with the right sound. I don't considerate it a demo at all. Wish it got more love and glad this forum appreciates it.

GnREvo Chinese Democracy Elimination 2015

Chinese Democracy 0%
Shackler's Revenge 17%
Better 0%
Street of Dreams 0%
If The World 8%
There Was A Time 0%
Catcher in the Rye 4%
Sorry 13%
I.R.S. 0%
Madagascar 0%
This I Love 38%
Prostitute 0%
Oh My God 21%
Total votes: 24
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

The screeching guitar chord that rears it's ugly head throughout shacklerz just kills the song for me

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Another thing with OMG is the lyrics. Axl hasn't missed a step in that department, but he has mellowed. With OMG however it's pure venomous, old school Mr. Rose.

What can I do when there's so many liars
That crawl through your veins
Like millions of spiders

Great lines delivered with such punch. Only thing missing to make this a great song is the weakish chorus. It sort of brings you back down instead of further up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Bucket doing the robot on stage during a song, is still cooler than Ashba being visible on one.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:

Another thing with OMG is the lyrics. Axl hasn't missed a step in that department, but he has mellowed. With OMG however it's pure venomous, old school Mr. Rose.

What can I do when there's so many liars
That crawl through your veins
Like millions of spiders

Great lines delivered with such punch. Only thing missing to make this a great song is the weakish chorus. It sort of brings you back down instead of further up.

I definitely agree with the lyrics. Plus the song itself is pretty fast.

Board footer