You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

PaSnow wrote:

Well, Cornell wrote Superunknown, Badmotorfinger, Temple of the Dog, & Audioslave's 1st, among others. Whereas Myles was in Alter Bridge.  So there's that.

Myles is probably a really great "vocalist" I suppose, but gimmie someone like Chris Robinson in a band any day over him.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not sure if I dislike Myles' voice or if he just bores me. He's generic if anything.

Slash still sounds cool, but he's never hit it with another singer since Axl. Come back, add something to the vault, then a new album. Would be a good idea for both.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Robinson with Slash Blues Rock would be FUCKING KILLER!!!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah that comparison a bit of a reach A4L.

While Axl was obviously the best singer Slash has ever worked with, Dover in Snakepit was good and Weiland wasn't too shabby. That 2nd Snakepit record is a bore. I had zero interest in that.

Interesting that Myles recorded an audition tape for VR but never sent it in. I cant even imagine VR with a different singer.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

There are rumblings that GN'R are headlining the second day of the Rockavaria Festival in Germany next May. Maybe someone who can speak German can look into it

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm hoping that the first festival winds up being Coachella. That's a major event here now. Also in Cali which opens up the possibility of warm up shows in LA, maybe even SF.  Any place they perform would be huge but the bigger the event, the bigger the spectacle. If they are truly getting back together and have 2016 plans, they should not pass it up.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

There are rumblings that GN'R are headlining the second day of the Rockaria Festival in Germany next May. Maybe someone who can speak German can look into it

Hope this is true since I can get a flight to Germany for about £20 once I get onto mainland UK big_smile

AtariLegend wrote:

They should avoid Leeds/Reading and Download like the plague even if it is Axl, Slash and Duff.

Maybe try their luck with Glastonbury? tongue

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, I hate the idea of a festival for GNR because I want to just focus on them, not the whole circus o a festival, though I do love a good festival. But for GNR, I need this event to be all about them.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

There are rumblings that GN'R are headlining the second day of the Rockavria Festival in Germany next May. Maybe someone who can speak German can look into it

Hope this is true since I can get a flight to Germany for about £20 once I get onto mainland UK big_smile

I am just having a poke about the internet just now to get a feel for the rumor, and the Ringrocker forum are quite strong on this. There are a couple of dubious looking festival posters on there, but also a couple of people who sound like they know what they are going on about. So I'd say it looks a strong possibility and fits in well with the Rock in Rio dates, which one would presume Guns would be a definite for if they are touring

Board footer