You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Are Now Selling Classic-Lineup Merch, It's Actually a Pretty Big

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I didn't know about The Seeker either. That was interesting.

They were playing that for ages, multiple tours tongue.

Really bad when you think about how many different covers they've added to the setlist (this isn't a line-up joke) compared to new material or different songs.

I'm assuming "Goin' Down" will never played live now ever or that we'll ever get to hear how it's actually supposed to sound (without the bad mix).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I bet Axl tells Slash, you want Alder out here? Fine that is on your ass if her fucks up. I think Slash gives his old pal a shot. I think Izzy will make his token appearance for sure

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Being away from the boards for so long, I was unaware and googled this as soon as I read your post. I thought this was amazing at first but the more I watched, the more the massive grin dropped from my face. I'm convinced he's miming this. But why?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I bet Axl tells Slash, you want Alder out here? Fine that is on your ass if her fucks up.

Its on all their asses. This cannot be fucked up. Look what happened to the VH reunion in 96 because of Roth's ego. That will be a popcorn fart compared to this. We don't have a spare 13 year wait in our back pocket if this implodes. If leaving Adler out increases the likelihood of its success, I'm fine with it.

An AFD shindig is technically a pipe dream. If it happens at some point, GREAT. If not, it just wasn't in the cards.

AtariLegend wrote:

They were playing that for ages, multiple tours tongue.

Yes but I stopped paying attention to these CD tours eons ago. It was new to me.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm assuming "Goin' Down" will never played live now ever or that we'll ever get to hear how it's actually supposed to sound (without the bad mix).

Until Axl chimes in on the subject I will always believe that song was recorded for VGH and GNR members appeared on it but for reasons unknown was stuck in the CD vault instead of appearing on the album, probably because Axl didn't want anything GNR related released in that time frame.

James

James wrote:
Axl4Life wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Being away from the boards for so long, I was unaware and googled this as soon as I read your post. I thought this was amazing at first but the more I watched, the more the massive grin dropped from my face. I'm convinced he's miming this. But why?

Those shows are not that impressive. Some of the CD songs sound godawful and the crowd is in a coma during them. Axl looks to be phoning it in at those shows and he probably already has reunion on his mind and is just fulfilling his contract at that point.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's the same as the Tokyo shows. It's remastered and cleaned to death. It's a mystery why that show was chosen for DVD release.

I don't think this is lifeless tongue.

James

James wrote:

I love how one forum junkie is filming and singing TWAT.  Axl does sound pretty good on that video. I just cant get into that lineup. A travesty that it lasted five years. I wish Ashba had never entered the equation.

Holy fuck am I sick of entire crowds holding up phones at concerts.  When it first started, bands should have demanded they put that shit down or they're walking offstage. Instead its become the norm. A shame.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The cell phone shit is out of CONTROL.

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Holy fuck am I sick of entire crowds holding up phones at concerts.  When it first started, bands should have demanded they put that shit down or they're walking offstage. Instead its become the norm. A shame.

Been to a few gigs now where the band has stopped playing and ask people to stop recording on their phones.
Walking off stage is a bit much tho.. Unless we're living life on Axl terms! No mobile phones or Slash tshirts!
Oh wait Slash tshirts are ok these days.. Since he's back in the band and all wink

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Just put the fucking phones down and watch the show.  When I go out to eat with my wife (or anybody really) phone stays in the car. I'm want to be present for my life...

Board footer