You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Just one last resurgence Axl. Does he still have this in him?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vAoc87z9d4A

Seem like if Duff is there, he just sounds better.. Period.  I think Slash being there will bring him back to 2006 vox.  He can't look bad in front of Slash and Duff.,

The lady who took the recent Fat Axl picture said it was from last week. He has a ton of work to do if he doesn't want to look bad at Coachella.

She is from Canada...  Lives in Toronto.  Was Slash in Canada or was she visiting LA?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Seem like if Duff is there, he just sounds better.. Period.  I think Slash being there will bring him back to 2006 vox.  He can't look bad in front of Slash and Duff.,

The lady who took the recent Fat Axl picture said it was from last week. He has a ton of work to do if he doesn't want to look bad at Coachella.

She is from Canada...  Lives in Toronto.  Was Slash in Canada or was she visiting LA?

What does Slash have to do with her?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Sorry, was AXL in Canada or maybe she was in LA.. Just wondering maybe if he was up there training in the cold like Rocky when Rocky went to Russia to train in Rocky 4.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

He disguised himself as Axl to defame him.

Freudian slip from SG, apparently.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sorry, was AXL in Canada or maybe she was in LA.. Just wondering maybe if he was up there training in the cold like Rocky when Rocky went to Russia to train in Rocky 4.

Doubt it. Los Angeles recently had temps in the low 50's.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Ali wrote:

When was the last time Izzy did a full tour?

Ali

1988-89

All of Izzys previous tour dates can be found at izzystradlinontour.com. He completed a world tour with the Ju Ju's in 1992-1993, did a tour of Japan in 2000, and did 23 shows with GNR in 2006 so it depends on how we wanna define the word "full" wink

I thought he left the Ju Jus in the lurch mid tour? Some of the flaky stories about Izzy really went overboard that's for sure.

I was so glad I got to see that 91 lineup in concert. It was right before he left. Once I heard on MTV news he had left I wish I had also went to their show in Sacramento instead of just Mountain View.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The recent Duff/Izzy songs are pretty good. Mix in Axl/Slash and we could have the best rock and roll in a long, long time.

I just went to youtube and listened to this. GREAT song. Izzy needs to be back in the mix for sure.

I wish Izzy had saved this little gem for the reunion. Would've been a killer deep cut on a reunion album....

This also....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The recent Duff/Izzy songs are pretty good. Mix in Axl/Slash and we could have the best rock and roll in a long, long time.

I just went to youtube and listened to this. GREAT song. Izzy needs to be back in the mix for sure.

I wish Izzy had saved this little gem for the reunion. Would've been a killer deep cut on a reunion album....

Fuck, how to be a man kicks so much fucking ass!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't care much if Izzy is involved on a tour. Would be great of course to see the original five up there, but I don't think it's realistic.

If music is being planned he should definitely be a part of it though. In many ways he was the heart and soul of the old band creatively. Always had a knack for a simple, effective song.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-m … s-n-roses/

On Duffs appearance with GUNS N' ROSES in London came about:

"Things happen, in life, pretty crazy at times you least expect things to happen.

"I haven't talked to anybody publicly about it. And really, it's kind of... I know we're public figures, or whatever you wanna say, but it was kind of a private matter even though we played together on stage in front of 14,000 people or something.

"Over the years, especially in business and what-not, if you have a fracture in business, you start to demonize each other and if it's a public fracture in business, other people help you demonize...

"It was kind of goofy... As soon as I played last Thursday, my e-mail was just going crazy... It was Rolling Stone [magazine] and whatever or what-not. 'Can we get a quote or statement?' And I don't have a statement.

"It's really not that big of a story. It was really kind of... It was great.

"I got to London last Thursday. I was there on separate business — a separate business even from music. I checked into the hotel in London I stay at all the time. And the hotel manager came, 'Hey, Duff, we'll show you up to your room.' He goes, 'So you're playing tonight?' And I said, 'No, no, I'm here on just business this time — I'm not playing this time around.' And he looks at me strangely. 'What? You're not playing tonight?' I had no idea Axl [Rose] and GUNS N' ROSES were in London — I had no idea. So we're going up the elevator and he said, 'You know, Axl is in the room next to us.' And I had to go straight into meetings. All the meetings were... I was staying in sort of a conference room and bedroom — it was a conference room on one side of the wall and the bedroom on the other. And I went straight into these meetings and these were with sort of Wall Street people. So it was very serious meetings I was into, something I had worked on for a year. So I'm in these meetings and my phone starts ringing later on in the day in my hotel room; it was kind of managers and tour managers. The word [was] out I [was] in the hotel. And it came down to the simple fact... Axl and I just sort of met up, we saw each other and we hugged. I went down to the gig with him. There were a couple of guys hanging out. There was a lot of, sort of... Like what I was saying, you go through a lot of stuff in business and there's some fractures and demonizing of each other and I think, if nothing else, a couple of old friends maybe got over some of those hurdles and had a nice talk. And I don't want to do anything here to cheapen that by saying anything to you guys, but we had a nice dinner the day after the show, and that was it."

On hanging out with his old buddy again:

"Yeah, I missed it. I did. I missed it. And it couldn't have happened in a more odd way, really."

-------------------------------
During a 2009 interview with Billboard, Rose insisted that he will never share a stage with former GN'R guitarist Slash again. "One of the two of us will die before a reunion," Rose said. "However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is." He also said, "I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it"
------------------------

We thought it was a big deal at the time but as we wait 5 years on for the announcement of a full reunion (of sorts) it makes you appreciate what a water shed moment this chance Duff/Axl meeting probably was.

Board footer