You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

apex-twin wrote:

Ha!

Kushner standing in for Izzy!

James Lofton wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh man that must burn Matt's ass real good if true.

14 No doubt. He doesn't get to be in but KUSHNER does?! 18

Slash wants Dave, if true.

He's precious about his rhythm players.
Fortus would go more into a Ron/Bucket role in this sort of lineup.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

If true, Dave Kushner could go down as one of the luckiest guys in rock history. I thought he'd never be heard again from once VR ended. That was quite the resume builder itself, but THIS. That'd be crazy. Question, if Slash likes the guy so much why wasn't he part of the Conspirators?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think Dave is going to be involved. That would be... Meh.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

If true, Dave Kushner could go down as one of the luckiest guys in rock history. I thought he'd never be heard again from once VR ended. That was quite the resume builder itself, but THIS. That'd be crazy. Question, if Slash likes the guy so much why wasn't he part of the Conspirators?

Good question.

Another question...

If he liked Gilby so much why wasn't he in VR?

Kushner never talked shit about Axl.

He never had a reason to. 14

Many years ago didn't Axl say something about liking Contraband?

I'd rather they bring back   bucket

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

taco%20bell%20izzy_zpscm7zzz4m.png

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

You think Slash would let anyone outshine him on stage like that? He didn't even like having Izzy around.

AtariLegend wrote:

Only reason I didn't post all the Kushner tweets in the other thread, is I didn't think he was serious. Kushner would make no sense.

I remember seeing Kusner at a VR concert during the Contraband tour, he might as well as stood behind a curtain and played. He was completely out off place with Weiland, Slash and Duff and Matt. Even Matt had more stage presence.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think Dave is going to be involved. That would be... Meh.

I think he will be but shouldn't.  Same with Frank and Fortus.

This is going to be a reunion lite version and will probably be the death of Adler if he doesn't have some involvement.  Hopefully Izzy decides he wants to do some dates and would no doubt walk in should he wish to.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You think Slash would let anyone outshine him on stage like that? He didn't even like having Izzy around.

Fortus playing lead on CD songs instead of Slash, maybe? Just guessing.
While we're at it, you think Slash would like having Izzy there instead of Kushner?
As you said, Slash likes being the top-dog, and the irreverent Mr Stradlin can surely work him up, there.

faldor wrote:

If true, Dave Kushner could go down as one of the luckiest guys in rock history.

I once read a Contraband-era interview with Kushner that stuck with me.
He was basically saying that off-stage, he was saving his money and erring on the side of caution, because it could all end in a day. To me, it came across as a surprisingly mature approach for someone in his position. He was happy to make a living.

faldor wrote:

Question, if Slash likes the guy so much why wasn't he part of the Conspirators?

It comes down to a myriad of things like availability, financials and clicking with the band.
The Constipators are different from VR, which was a lot more of a group effort.
Slash plays his own rhythm guitar on his solo albums and only needs a touring member.
I can imagine Kushner found his Sons of Anarchy work more rewarding in many ways.

James Lofton wrote:

If he liked Gilby so much why wasn't he in VR?

Gilby was in Snakepit after he was ousted from Guns.
It's funny how he was basically invisible in the press circuit, btw.
He was obviously under orders to keep quiet, even if Slash shot his mouth about Axl and Paul Huge.

Aussie wrote:

This is going to be a reunion lite version and will probably be the death of Adler if he doesn't have some involvement.

My thoughts exactly. We'll know by Coachella what'll happen.
Meantime, always felt an AFD reunion tour would be a pipedream.
The reason: Axl. At the end of the day, it's his call as to who plays in Guns.

dexter wrote:

In Steven's mind, I'm the one who holds the keys and power over his happiness, so I'm the bad guy pretty quickly.

It's a lose-lose situation for Axl, really. Feeling sorry for Adler is just too easy.

Board footer