You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Who here is going to Coachella?

Axlin16 wrote:

I really hate that they agreed to do it in Coachella. Then again if Izzy & Steven/Matt are there, it makes more sense to keep it local in Cali.

Coachella is just a big crappy poser-fest, loaded with Kardashian cell phone Beverly Hills wanna be cool hipster fags.

To me it's all so pretentious that I wasn't happy that GN'R were reuniting at Coachella to begin with. To me, I think it would've been cooler, because a Guns reunion is such a huge ticket, to have piggy backed on to a rock or metal festival in order to support the genre, and gain their street cred back.

Then again based on what we've heard from the scraps out of the vault, Axl has Geoff Tate-syndrome and is more interested in being an avant-garde pop-rock artist than a metalhead.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Saw a couple funny posters on this event...

o-COACHELLA-2013-PARODY-POSTER-570.jpg

6a00d8341c4f9453ef0192ac206aad970d-pi

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

80s band with 1 member left

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

16 that second poster is awesome

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I registered at Coachella, should I buy tix??!?!?!

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What area do you live?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Birmingham, Alabama... Southeast USA

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I really hate that they agreed to do it in Coachella. Then again if Izzy & Steven/Matt are there, it makes more sense to keep it local in Cali.

Coachella is just a big crappy poser-fest, loaded with Kardashian cell phone Beverly Hills wanna be cool hipster fags.

To me it's all so pretentious that I wasn't happy that GN'R were reuniting at Coachella to begin with. To me, I think it would've been cooler, because a Guns reunion is such a huge ticket, to have piggy backed on to a rock or metal festival in order to support the genre, and gain their street cred back.

Then again based on what we've heard from the scraps out of the vault, Axl has Geoff Tate-syndrome and is more interested in being an avant-garde pop-rock artist than a metalhead.

It was obvious with UYI that Axl would never pump out a straight hard rock album like Appetite ever again. Coachella pays big money and that is the main driver of this. At least Slash and Duff will each get a couple million or more just from Coachella even if a tour never happens.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Birmingham, Alabama... Southeast USA

I think your nearest concert will be Atlanta, let me check

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Did you get tix? If you were on the fence but had the money to spare you could buy them and see how things go. If you decide you don't want to, or can't go later on you could probably make a pretty nice profit on the tickets. It would be a bit of a gamble, and a pretty expensive one at that.

Where is Indio, CA anyway? Is that northern California? I have family in Orange County. Not seriously thinking about going though. I'm holding out hope for a less pricey show closer to home.

Board footer