You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Who here is going to Coachella?

slcpunk wrote:

Not going. Will wait for them to come to Vegas.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Just went on Coachella website and noticed that it seems to be more about hotels than music. Bunch of fucking hipsters, lol. In terms of environment, they probably picked the worst place to do this reunion thing. But good for them that the money is gonna be insanely huge just for those 2 shows.

It morphed into a strange beast. Always considered a hipster fest but its off the charts now.  It doesn't even matter what the lineup is anymore.  Only reason it pulls in the AC/DC, GNR types is the scale of the whole thing now.  If this reunion had happened 8 or 9 years ago they never would've headlined this. It would have looked too awkward and they wouldn't have thrown that kind of money at GNR not knowing crowd reaction to it.

I wish I had went to it before it became this mega corporate hipster event.

mrsaxlrose wrote:

I was so close to buying passes.  Had 2 VIP in my cart (for me and my daughter and only VIP were avail).  Let them go because it's too much $$$ for something that may implode and that I do not care about any of the other performers at all.  Plus I would have had to pay for travel from Philly.  Not worth it.   Crossing my fingers that a stadium tour is coming.

The price is truly ridiculous. The scalpers will make it much worse. Its not the artists/bands themselves you're paying a hefty fee for, its the Coachella name itself.

Like you I was a nanosecond away from buying tickets in 2008. MIA was opening and while I had already seen her at a festival(Treasure Island), I had a feeling she'd make waves at Coachella. She was doing multiple dates in the bay area though so I decided to pass on it. I regretted it. She was the Coachella opener and performed in a tent. The massive crowd rushed this tent and it almost turned into a riot. It was the big Coachella story that year.

Back then it was expensive but not to the extent it is now. The event also wasn't a massive turnoff like it is now. That lineup this year and judging the vibe of the place going by pics and videos makes it sound like its the inner sanctum of hell.

---

What's going on with Stinson?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

The shitty thing about Coachella is the hipster environment. Imagine if this reunion happened next year at Rock in Rio in front of GNR's most loyal fans, the crazy Brazilians that believe Axl and Slash are gods. It would be fucking nuts...and Appetite's 30th anniversary too.

I still hope they play Rio for the AFD anniversary given the history of GN'R at Rock in Rio. Get Adler and Izzy in there for a set of Appetite/Lies all the way through, then maybe bring Sorum in to do a bunch of UYI stuff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm going ... To be watching the live stream from the comfort of my home with my bros on evo.  cool

Tommy tweeted something about Rocket Queen and a picture of a dollhouse. No idea. Supposedly when Duff came back Tommy was still going to be featured on the album and possibly guest here and there. Have no idea now... The last he talked public ally sounded as though GNR was in his past.

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The shitty thing about Coachella is the hipster environment. Imagine if this reunion happened next year at Rock in Rio in front of GNR's most loyal fans, the crazy Brazilians that believe Axl and Slash are gods. It would be fucking nuts...and Appetite's 30th anniversary too.

I still hope they play Rio for the AFD anniversary given the history of GN'R at Rock in Rio. Get Adler and Izzy in there for a set of Appetite/Lies all the way through, then maybe bring Sorum in to do a bunch of UYI stuff.

I can see Izzy, definitely. I can even see a sympathy fuck for Adler at a gig or two. But I don't think Sorum will ever be a part of GNR. If he even guests I'll be shocked.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is a live string confirmed? Need Gibbo to record it for me. I won't be able to watch the stream because I will be there making out with Kourtney Kardashian to Rocket Queen.

AtariLegend wrote:

Not saying this will happen, but they have in the past (supposedly requested things not be streamed) at UK festivals at least. There was a bit of a fiasco over it last time.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think it's much like Rio where there's a contract between the festival and certain sites. Last year they streamed it on their site, YouTube, billboard and Axis, pitchfork, Redhill, variety, etc. There are a bunch of sites and sponsors. I don't see how they can prevent it. At least I hope not.

AtariLegend wrote:

Wasn't it the same with Reading in 2010? Every year the headline act is streamed live on the BBC with highlights of the festival ect. Presenters started talking about how they weren't allowed and then started taking the piss with the media. At the end of the festival  a day or two later several songs ended up on the weekend highlights show.

Also remember Download as well, for some reason only Nightrain/Paradise City made it out. In fairness though Download back then only got shown as highlights though on Channel 4 here (in the late hours when no one would be watching). There was allegations there too. That was a decade ago sad.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't worry. SG will keep you fellas posted! Catch my updates on CBS. Carwash Broadcasting Systems.

Board footer