You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

monkeychow wrote:

There's a lot in favour of it being steven:

1. He's been too quiet about this whole thing.

2. It's obvious some offer was on the table for Izzy, so it seems that at least at one stage a full reunion was considered.

3. Although I prefer Matt, adding Steven would give this thing the most media bang.

4. Not including Steven might be the end of him, not sure if the others want that on their head at this stage.

5. He's easy to add as he'll work for free, he just wants to be there, and he displayed at the hall of fame that he'll do a few songs and cooperate with another drummer.

6. He cancelled his solo gig.

7. People at the car wash say he's there wink

8. These sticks are not franks / matts

So at this stage i'd be very surprised if he isn't brought out for a guest spot.

With any luck they get sorum out for a guest spot too!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

At least they're having some fun with it and toying with the fan base. This is the sort of thing totally lacking in the CD era. We were toyed with then but on a ridiculous level. This is different. It actually builds anticipation instead of killing it.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Sorum apparently also confirmed on Twitter that those aren't his sticks either.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

5. He's easy to add as he'll work for free, he just wants to be there, and he displayed at the hall of fame that he'll do a few songs and cooperate with another drummer.

This could be a significant factor. You probably won't see Adler balk at a disrespectful salary if it means he gets to play on stage as part of Guns again. Funnily enough they might end up having an easier working relationship with Steven than Izzy. If he is indeed clean and manages to stay that way, who knows, he might end up in the band permanently.

If it ends up like that I'll have to say well played by Steven at a crucial time.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Come to think of it, the prospect of a reunion is probably one of the reasons Adler has managed to stay alive. What's commendable about him is that it's possible that he's genuinely in it for the fun of it all, and would likely jump at the chance of paying his own airfare and carrying his own gear if that means playing some Appetite with the boys.

It's too easy to make fun of Adler and this is merely pointing out how far his enthusiasm seems to stretch. Axl, Slash and Duff want to be compensated financially for their troubles, and that plays a part in their respective thought processes. Izzy has his own things. Adler just wants to play. Imagine how he must've felt, sitting out the Illusion tour. Everywhere he looked, he saw his old band, a testament to his own fuck-ups.

Adler brings in his own unique baggage, and would need to prove he's grown into a consistent and reliable performer. Otherwise, people in the band and outside of it will get nervous and he could be removed from the equation real quick in favor of Frank/Sorum on account of being a liability.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Despite his many faults I must say I like his sort of childlike innocence. Not saying money is insignificant to him, but it really looks like he misses the experience more than anything. Being in a big band, play for huge crowds, people praising you. If they offer him 50k a night he'll likely think that is 45k more than he usually gets and jump at it. If he proves himself he has leverage for a better deal down the road.

lance

lance wrote:

Im usually of the mind set of Adler is junkie who will screw up and want him no where near GnR but after reading alot of people thoughts on Adler i am coming around and almost rooting for Adler to get his chance with GnR.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I'd rather have Izzy than Adler up there.
I just hope that Adler being there means Izzy is there as well.
I'll be on a forum blackout to avoid spoilers (Yes, I'm a freak) starting tonight, so I don't wanna know about secret gigs and the lineup anymore 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You probably won't see Adler balk at a disrespectful salary if it means he gets to play on stage as part of Guns again. Funnily enough they might end up having an easier working relationship with Steven than Izzy. If he is indeed clean and manages to stay that way, who knows, he might end up in the band permanently.

If it ends up like that I'll have to say well played by Steven at a crucial time.

That would be funny. Adler has had a pretty good run of it with royalties from Appetite even though he didn't write the songs (but I believe his drumming is critical to the album's sound, no doubt about it). Steven doesn't need the money. None of them do, really. To Steven it's more of a pride thing. I don't blame Izzy for wanting a bigger cut given his role in songwriting. But I also don't blame the other 3 if they tell him to screw off. He did abandon them right when they needed him the most during the UYI chaos.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not sure it's just a pride thing.

Anyway my prediction is Adler does show up and play shows here/there. After the tour he sues Axl/Slash/Duff for money he feels he was owed and for "creating an environment" where he felt he had no choice, but to do drugs.

Since Frank posted a picture of his drumset less than a week of a go, I'll guess he still has involvement in the tour to some extent at least.

Board footer