You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Member, Elimination Round 7

AtariLegend wrote:

THE MEMBER WITH THE MOST VOTES ADVANCES to our final Quarter Final next week.

1256.jpg

vs.

image-not-found.jpg

vs.

josh-freese-universal-music.jpg

Voting closes in 48 hours.

Vote for your Favorite

Chris Pitman 65%
Rob Gardner 0%
Josh Freese 35%
Total votes: 17
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Josh kicks ass

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Pitman is underappreciated I think, he gets my vote smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Mother Goose for the win.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Smoking Guns will be voting for Pitman I'm sure. He always has such glowing things to say about him. wink

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Mother Goose. Even though Josh is quite the talent and not just in his short tenure with GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Josh didn't contribute enough for me to vote for him. Career wise he's better than the rest in this round.

Pitman for the win....

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Josh didn't contribute enough for me to vote for him.

I voted Pitman, but if only we'd heard the Josh version of the album. Buckethead is awesome, but I'm struggling to believe that the original intended version of the album would have been a disaster.

Is it Josh on the older demos of I.R.S./There Was A Time/Catcher in the Rye?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Josh didn't contribute enough for me to vote for him.

I voted Pitman, but if only we'd heard Josh version of the album. Buckethead is awesome, but I'm struggling to believe that the original intended version of the album would have been a disaster.

Is it Josh on the older demo of I.R.S./There Was A Time/Catcher in the Rye?

I've wondered this as well and once again I have to complain about the line of questioning at those Axl chats. Those "99 demos" were never truly properly dated. Fans simply assume they are from those 99 sessions because Bucket is not on them(and of course May).

I need to whip out that 99 stuff. I remember how horrid that version of IRS was.

Shackler's was never even dated properly(to my knowledge anyways). Some fans assumed it was a newer track due to Ron being added and Axl mentioning the VT massacre but the music is likely 2000-01 with some new lyrics/vocals/Ron wankering added in late 06. Said this years ago but I wouldn't be surprised if the original working title for it was Zodiac.

I'm in the group that believes a 1999 album would've been a complete cluster fuck. Bucket improved those songs immensely. I do believe he had a potential hit on his hands with the original CITR though.  I'd also like to hear how the title track sounded before Bucket came in.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I need to whip out that 99 stuff. I remember how horrid that version of IRS was.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I think I heard that version years ago.  Anyway, I found it on youtube (along with CITR, TWAT).  IRS isn't as horrible as I'd thought it be but most of it was just a wall of noise for me.  As for CITR, it's not finished and you can tell the vocals aren't mixed in properly.  Edit: also listened to TWAT and it's OK.  The ending is a clusterfuck and there is where Buckethead improved it immensly:

Board footer