You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl vs. Slash - GN'R Member Elimination Series Final

AtariLegend wrote:

THE MEMBER WITH THE MOST VOTES WINS the Guns N' Roses Elimination Series Tournament.

1035x693-112113-axl-rose-1800-1385055886.jpg

Path to the final - Ole Beich, Steven Adler, Chris Pitman and Izzy Stradlin

vs.

Slash-slash-14010778-500-600.jpg

Path to the final - Tracii Guns, DJ Ashba, Dizzy Reed and Buckethead

Vote for your favorite

Axl Rose 54%
Slash 46%
Total votes: 28
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Axl.

Because Axl IS Guns N' Roses.

Like literally, he owns the name.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Axls weave beats his!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Maybe one of the hardest decisions of my life...but Top Hat, Marlboro's and JD for the win!!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow....this was tied before I voted. Not everyone has voted yet but that still surprised me.

Axl for me. I may have "whined" for years on end about the CD saga but its not because I was a hater....it was because of his immense talent and how he was wasting it for so many years on nostalgia tours, a rotating cast to tinker off and on with years old 'new' material, etc. It is a travesty that his prime was spent on the CD saga. Even if there are TWO more albums in the vault that will someday be released, it is still unreal that so much time was spent on it. The CD saga should've been wrapped up completely in 2001 and finished off by 04 at the latest. Instead its 2016, a reunion in the pipeline, and the 2nd album still in purgatory. The label should have just let him release it all back then even if they didn't consider it GNR. Look what happened instead.

I can see why people would vote for Slash. On top of his GNR work he moved on with his solo career and even had a new band that topped the charts briefly and made a dent on pop culture's radar. He basically had a career just like Cornell had after ending SG. Something like that is not easy.  While Axl spent years TALKING about moving on......Slash actually spent those same years DOING it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Surprised this is close. I would have thought most fans hanging out on forums would be somewhat biased towards Axl, being it has been an Axl show for all these years.

Near 50/50 is very symbolic of a divided fan base. Shows the best thing to do was get back together.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Surprised this is close.

I'm not tongue.

I remember the old ROV Axl vs. Slash poll back in the day. I also know certain people who'd always vote against Axl first "legitimate" chance they get.

This series would have looked alot different if it was "vote off your least favorite" instead and I didn't think it would have been cool.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My God.....Slash is in the lead.

Atari...you might have to keep this open until Axl wins. 14  13

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Atari...you might have to keep this open until Axl wins. 14  13

Well I didn't say when voting ends in the opening post. The thread will be locked next time Axl takes the lead.

Hidden Text:

Joking

Board footer