You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:

Michelle giving a fantastic speech...

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If Gary Johnson can pick up the Bernie supporters after the leaks, he can make an impact.  Don't know that he can win, but all you giving this to Hillary are going to shit yourselves if she can't win the Bernie supporters back somehow.

All of the Bernie supporters that I follow are supporting Jill Stein. Although 90% of us are voting for Hillary according to a poll.

Pew asked those consistent Sanders supporters whom they support in the general election. Ninety percent said they back Hillary Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … base-isnt/

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bernie is giving a good speech, but Michelle should have closed the show. Warren suffered big time following her, not that it was bad, but she really didn't rise to the occasion. Corey Booker did though. That was a man planning on running for president.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This guy predicted 49 of 50 states last time. He's giving Trump a small edge to win if the election was held today.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 … ecast/#now

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If Gary Johnson can pick up the Bernie supporters after the leaks, he can make an impact.  Don't know that he can win, but all you giving this to Hillary are going to shit yourselves if she can't win the Bernie supporters back somehow.

All of the Bernie supporters that I follow are supporting Jill Stein. Although 90% of us are voting for Hillary according to a poll.

Pew asked those consistent Sanders supporters whom they support in the general election. Ninety percent said they back Hillary Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … base-isnt/

They're telling people that so they'll actually go ahead and hold their nose and vote for her. Tons of people are pissed at what happened to Bernie and that was before these leaks happened where the DNC themselves admit it was all rigged yet somehow they know 90% of Bernie supporters are voting for Hillary?

I have to call horse shit on that statistic.

trump.gif

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, I've used 270towin before but can't get the god damned maps to embed. How did you do it?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bernie is giving a good speech, but Michelle should have closed the show. Warren suffered big time following her, not that it was bad, but she really didn't rise to the occasion. Corey Booker did though. That was a man planning on running for president.

I heard Bernie was to speak during the 9 o'clock hour, but after the email scandal he felt he should be in the 10 o'clock hour (prime time/broadcast TV as opposed to cable news). I'm surprised he wasn't, and he deserved to be there, if he's offering to solicit millions of voters to go for Hillary.

I like Warren, I guess I'm indifferent to her speech, I thought it was what it was, she's not much of a rahh rahh rahhh speaker, more intellectual & speaks of what's right & fair in her mind.  Corey Booker is definitely an up & comer. My only thing is he comes off a bit just imitating Obama alot at times, in his speaking, vocal tone & inflection, and his hand gestures like pointing upwards (so no it's not just that he's a black politician).

One things for sure, Chelsea Clinton is chomping at the bit for her chance.  After Ivanka did a great job & got alot of good press after her shot. Can't wait to see her, I'm sure she's rewritten her speech (ie. had her speechwriters rewrite it lol) after seeing Ivanka's.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

This is the Electoral Map based on current RCP polling averages. I only applied states that were outside the margin of error (3 points in this case.)

280imvd.png

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, I've used 270towin before but can't get the god damned maps to embed. How did you do it?

I just save the image then upload via tiny pic or something similar.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I now think Donald Trump is going to win

All last week, the talk was about how the Republican Party was divided. I’m here to tell you it’s nothing compared to what’s going on with the Democrats at their convention in Philadelphia. And it’s making me believe in the impossible: Donald Trump will win this election.

The recent WikiLeaks email controversy highlights how the Democrats aimed to bring down Bernie Sanders from within the party – methods that included attacking his faith. They wanted to destroy Bernie Sanders and rig the Democratic primary system for Hillary Clinton.

Then, of course, Trump went after Hillary’s middle name – Rodham, comparing it to the word “rotten.” Clinton’s VP pick Tim Kaine told “60 Minutes” that “most of us stopped the name-calling thing about fifth grade.” And, frankly, there is something to that. Taking somebody’s name and turning it from Rodham to rotten, he doesn’t need to do that. But he has this pathological need.

Related: Sanders, Clinton supporters look same, Washington state Democrats chair says

It’s like how he also decided to give Clinton and Jeb Bush the same treatment during the Republican primaries, calling her “low energy” and that she needs naps.

“No naps for Trump,” he yelled to his roaring supporters. “We don’t have time.”

Really, that’s an applause line? “I don’t take naps!” It’s all so ridiculous. Everything about this — both sides — is ridiculous.

By the time I get out of the Democratic National Convention Friday night, I’m going to be so done with political zealots in both parties. Because being so passionate for these people who we see are so flawed just doesn’t make sense.

And even though I love covering the events in Cleveland and Philadelphia and being on top of these stories, I think they should get rid of conventions. It’s such mindlessness.

And yet, it seems to be working for Trump. Lou Dobbs told us on the show last week that Trump would get a huge bump after the Republican National Convention and that Clinton would be the first to get a negative bounce. And that was before the emails.

If that happens, this election could be over. Certainly, a lot can change in the next 3.5 months. But, I’ll be honest — I didn’t come in as a Donald Trump supporter, but as a pseudo-objective observer (who would never vote for Hillary Clinton). I always thought she was going to win — until the last five days or so. The last two nights of the RNC and talking to the Bernie people here in Philly — seeing how much anger there is on the left — I do believe Donald Trump is going to win now.

It’s getting crazy. It’s getting really crazy.

http://mynorthwest.com/354577/dori-i-no … ng-to-win/

Board footer