You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

bigbri wrote:

Randall, I'm starting to fall on Johnson's side. What particularly from him swayed you?

I've always been a libertarian and loathed the social conservatism side of the GOP. But abortion has no chance of being overturned, so let them bitch and whine about it.

The tea party is more dangerous than any other group, because the have all the false righteousness of the far left, but are able to actually get shit done outside of a candlelight vigil.

I want Trump to force the GOP to rebrand and market. No more Jesus heads. No more moral majority. Just a sensible economic party that supports equality under the law and advocates laws that benefits Americans.

Smoke what you want, rub your genitals against whom you want and live your life how you want. Just don't ask me to pay for your lifestyle. That's what libertarians and Johnson want. So until the GOP unfucks itself, I'll piss my vote away, let Clinton win, and stay happy that it looks like the GOP will control congress. Clinton can play ball, or accomplish nothing like Barry.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

In a summary by LongRoom Unbiased polls it shows Donald J. Trump leading his rival Hillary Clinton by 0.9% as of 8/01.

After the rocky week that Trump was having with the entire Khan family controversy it seems that of the 6 polls conducted this week by LongRoom, USC-Daybreak, YouGov, CBS, CNN, and Morning Consult Trump holds a lead in 4 of them.

For clarification, LongRoom conducts their polls a bit differently than traditional polling places, they compensate for the over sampling of Democrats and Republicans and use accurate representations of area demographics to skew the results in a more unbiased manner. LongRoom has a long history of being fairly accurate with polls from past elections, you can read up on their full methodology including sources for the demographics here. It is obviously best to take these new poll results with a grain of salt.

BIAS-1.png?resize=768%2C374&ssl=1

https://inquir.io/2016/08/05/donald-tru … 6Oo9jXfIuU

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm with Flagg on this ultra PC world we live in. Its garbage and NEVER should've been allowed to morph into what it has become. Pretend to be outraged over something trivial and irrelevant but when something truly outrageous happens, you gotta lap it up like its a bowl of peaches and cream and pretend its great.

How did it ever come to this? Seriously.

Clint Eastood just commented on this election. He is also fed up with this garbage. One other thing....I am sick of people who are against the PC culture we live in being labeled a "racist". One has nothing to do with the other.  Even if complaining only about #BlackLivesMatter does not make you racist. I'm only using this as an extreme example because its not the same thing, but imagine a black person complaining about the KKK and being told they are racist for doing so. Idiocy.  Had this culture thrived in previous decades, they probably would have been called racist.

I felt like throwing my laptop out the window when Mischa Barton was verbally attacked when she tweeted about how sad it was that black guy was shot by white cops and something needs to be done about it. Black people said she was "out of touch". She apologized and removed the tweet.  We live in a world where a white woman must apologize for feeling sorry for a black victim.

It HAS to STOP.

Eastwood will of course get shit for his comments and people will pretend to be outraged. As Eastwood says......fuck em.

The Hollywood tough guy has derided ‘a pussy generation’ obsessed with political correctness in an expletive-riddled Esquire interview

Another Republican luminary has gone public with strong feelings about Donald Trump. Really, really strong feelings. He didn’t pussyfoot like Paul Ryan. He wasn’t a convention no-show like John Kasich.

Hollywood tough guy Clint Eastwood emptied both barrels in an interview with Esquire magazine, aiming squarely at those who have taken the presidential candidate to task for racism and other, well, rough edges.

“He’s said a lot of dumb things,” the actor and director said of the man who has pilloried Mexicans, Muslims, immigrants, women, and the list goes on. “So have all of them. Both sides. But everybody – the press and everybody’s going, ‘Oh, well, that’s racist’, and they’re making a big hoodoo out of it.”
'It’s pretty small': Trump's left hand on display for all to judge in New York
Read more

Eastwood’s advice to America: “Just fucking get over it. It’s a sad time in history.”

This country, he said, is plagued by what he derided as “a pussy generation”, and he wasn’t talking about all those cute videos your mom posts on Facebook.

Trump, the actor fumed, is “onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells.

“We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff,” Eastwood continued. “When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.”

He knows a thing or two about racial slurs, as anyone who has watched the movie Gran Torino can attest. In it, he plays Walt Kowalski, a retired auto worker and Korean War veteran who hates the Asian, Latino and black families that move into his changing neighborhood.

Before he gets a change of heart and becomes heartwarmingly friendly with an Asian teen who was pushed by gang members to steal his eponymous car, Eastwood/Kowalski lets loose with pretty much any slur you can think of – “chinks”, “zipperheads”, “jabbering gooks”.

In a bar scene when he’s surrounded by his old, white guy friends, he lets loose with a joke that sets them all off laughing: “I’ve got one”, he starts, waving his half-full pint glass. “A Mexican, a Jew and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, ‘Get the fuck out of here.’”

Ba dum bum.

“And then when I did Gran Torino,” Eastwood told Esquire, “even my associate said, ‘This is a really good script, but it’s politically incorrect’. And I said, ‘Good. Let me read it tonight’. The next morning, I came in and I threw it on his desk and I said, ‘We’re starting this immediately’.”

On Trump’s deriding Indiana-born US district judge Gonzalo Curiel for being unfair because of his Mexican heritage, Eastwood was dismissive. “Yeah,” he said, “It’s a dumb thing.”
Who supports Donald Trump? The new Republican center of gravity
Read more

Eastwood has not endorsed his rhetorical soulmate, he said, but given a choice between the billionaire real estate mogul and the former US secretary of state, he’ll vote for Trump in a heartbeat. After all, Hillary Clinton said she would carry on Obama’s legacy, which is anathema to a man who was once the mayor of an upscale seaside town in California.

Besides, he said, Clinton’s is “a tough voice to listen to for four years”.

The worst thing about politics today, says the man who describes himself as part of the “anti-pussy generation. Not to be confused with pussy” – is that politicians basically put him to sleep.

“They’re boring everybody,” he said. “Chesty Puller, a great Marine general, once said, ‘You can run me, and you can starve me, and you can beat me, and you can kill me, but don’t bore me.’ And that’s exactly what’s happening now: everybody is boring everybody. It’s boring to listen to all this shit. It’s boring to listen to these candidates.”

If he were writing a stump speech today, Eastwood said, it would be, “Knock it off. Knock everything off.”

If only.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/a … -interview

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

PC stuff is a big reason Trump is popular.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

This reminds me of "Unskewed polls" that also predicted "liberal bias" (what a joke) in polling data, and that Romney would most certainly win. This is what happens when you reside inside the bubble you look for confirmation bias. Fox News trotted out similar claims that most polls were off "By a 'factor' of 3-4"  and that Romney would actually win by "4." I find it interesting that this Longroom site claims to have predicted the 2004 election, but wasn't even registered until January 2008.

I'd also ask why the polling data is suddenly "skewed" when it clearly showed Trump would win the primary? It's wasn't wrong then, why is it suddenly off now? They're the same polling companies.

Here's a new liberal poll that came out today from Fox News: Hillary up 10 points over Trump. Yet another poll had her up 15 points. More importantly, a new electoral map from the University of Virginia  Center for Politics shows Hillary winning in a landslide. Colorado is also showing such strong numbers that the Hillary campaign is presently pulling TV ads out of that state.

The premise alone of Republicans being upset about our "PC culture" is hilarious. Are you unaware of your unspoken rule of those ridiculous flag pins? Yellow Ribbons? My personal favorite: Constant anger on what somebody said/or did not say? The moral outrage of anything deemed as sinful.  The hysteria towards anybody who dared question the Iraq invasion?  The overwhelming majority of what propels right wing media is PC outrage. They're the biggest drama queens ever, constantly poking and prodding until their listeners boil over in anger.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The true battleground states have it dead even or a point or two.  He was actually ahead in Florida the last poll I saw.  All your ranting and you haven't once explained why Hillary is a better candidate or excuse all of her lies and anti-progressive positions.  Obama's brother is voting for Trump.  Does that mean anything?  FUCK NO IT DOESN'T.  I don't care what some no name congressman from nowhere, USA is supporting.  You're trying to pretend like there's some GOP exodus for Clinton, yet how many people that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 are now going for Trump.  You ignore that aspect and think because some actor or no name congressmen endorsed Clinton, it has some meaning.  Who are these "prominent" Republicans.  Did you even know who they were before MSNBC or Huff Po ran an article?

I'm not backing Trump.  I've said that 100 times here and on your forum.  But this hypocrisy you and others have when it comes to the history of lies with Clinton and all of her deception, yet all you want to focus on is the dumb shit Trump says.

Fuck Kahn.  He sacrificed shit for his country and his sons actions reflect on him no more than his father's actions reflect on him.  You guys want to prance out victims to silence any discussion on issues because you know immigration is a loser.  You're scared to death that when Hillary is forced to face her comments and actions, she won't be able to run backstage and converse with her advisers.  Maybe she can just decline to answer every question she doesn't like.

Have a fucking backbone.  Either admit you give a fuck about transparency and electing a competent person who isn't the definition of corruption, or back Jill Stein or some other 3rd party candidate.  Your constant attacks on Trump while a refusal to acknowledge any of the numerous faults of Clinton is telling.  You're a cheerleader and Clinton could advocate 18th trimester abortions and you'd still support her.

When have you seen me enthusiastically endorse Hillary? I've been arguing about data for the last several pages and that's about it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I felt like throwing my laptop out the window when Mischa Barton was verbally attacked when she tweeted about how sad it was that black guy was shot by white cops and something needs to be done about it. Black people said she was "out of touch". She apologized and removed the tweet.  We live in a world where a white woman must apologize for feeling sorry for a black victim.

I think the thing that offended people wasn't that she was a white woman who felt sorry for a black person

It was that the same message also included a photography of her drinking wine, in a sexy bikini, on a yacht in the ocean.

So it's like in the same message where she purports to feel for others she couldn't resist a chance to  demonstrate  visually how much wealth and sex appeal she has!

Imagine if you posted a bereavement card to me to sympathise about my dead relative but included a shot of you flexing your new gym muscles kicking back in your ferrari. What is out of touch was the social appropriateness of instragram-style self promotion during a social/political uproar.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think the thing that offended people wasn't that she was a white woman who felt sorry for a black person

It was that the same message also included a photography of her drinking wine, in a sexy bikini, on a yacht in the ocean.

So it's like in the same message where she purports to feel for others she couldn't resist a chance to  demonstrate  visually how much wealth and sex appeal she has!

Imagine if you posted a bereavement card to me to sympathise about my dead relative but included a shot of you flexing your new gym muscles kicking back in your ferrari. What is out of touch was the social appropriateness of instragram-style self promotion during a social/political uproar.

Lol at "gym muscles".

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This reminds me of "Unskewed polls" that also predicted "liberal bias" (what a joke) in polling data, and that Romney would most certainly win. This is what happens when you reside inside the bubble you look for confirmation bias. Fox News trotted out similar claims that most polls were off "By a 'factor' of 3-4"  and that Romney would actually win by "4." I find it interesting that this Longroom site claims to have predicted the 2004 election, but wasn't even registered until January 2008.

Well, you had pollsters giving Hillary a 20 lead in Michigan. Five thirty eight gave her a 99% of winning, then Bernie took it. So it happens.

Predicting the bias is harder, but when the majority polled are democrats it seems likely some skewing will occur. The 04 and 08 election are probably calculated after the fact, assuming these guys are serious.

I'd also ask why the polling data is suddenly "skewed" when it clearly showed Trump would win the primary? It's wasn't wrong then, why is it suddenly off now? They're the same polling companies.

I assume the primaries mainly polled republicans? Of course with Trumps big lead in those they could have been off as well, idk.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's a dumb reason for people to be offended and a big reason social media is the septic tank of humanity, meant for sanctimonious, asshat losers who feel they have a level of power at their slimy little fingertips. They're upset over the "context" of a fucking actresses tweet? Jesus H. Christ.

Justin Timberlake was even more disgusting. Jesse Williams went on an anti white racist rant (yes, racist, his poor mother), basically calling us all evil whitey assholes. I do wonder about his feelings on Jews...Justin actually applauded his speech, a big mistake for a myriad of reasons, and he was attacked by vapid, wannabe activists for ripping off black artists. So...what music are we allowed to like, to be inspired by and to perform? Fuck them in their fake ass, no talent, no contribution to soceity or their race, self absorbed selves. Fuck them in the ear. They have no fucking problem taking all that money from white kids, do they?

Board footer