You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Did IZZY STRADLIN Join TWITTER And Say Something About GUNS N' ROSES?

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

you can debate it all you want. Adding Izzy makes no sense from a business point of view. he might make a slight difference in the US, but i highly doubt he`d draw another couple of hundred people to a gnr stadium show even there. in South America/Europe/Japan it`ll make no difference..

You all are making some valid points but the massive crowd pops he gets when appearing isn't canned. People know who he is, what he brings to the table, and if those who don't know will do a 2 minute wiki search, they'll find out quickly.

They're happy to see him...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy and Axl have had their falling-outs before. From a 2009 interview re: the 2006 shows with Izzy:

Axl Rose: A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun — and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

Izzy still ended up joining Axl for some 2012 shows. I'm sure they'll come to another agreement again during this tour, if not in time for the April shows. My guess from Izzy's tweets is that he was holding out for a reunion that included him and Adler as full members, and/or he wants to be paid the same as Slash and Duff. Axl has said before that he can't rely on Izzy or Adler for a full tour, and I think he also doesn't want to fire Frank or Fortus after all this time.

(From MyGNR forum)

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
WARose wrote:

you can debate it all you want. Adding Izzy makes no sense from a business point of view. he might make a slight difference in the US, but i highly doubt he`d draw another couple of hundred people to a gnr stadium show even there. in South America/Europe/Japan it`ll make no difference..

You all are making some valid points but the massive crowd pops he gets when appearing isn't canned. People know who he is, what he brings to the table, and if those who don't know will do a 2 minute wiki search, they'll find out quickly.

You also have to consider those are fan crowds. They are going to see these gigs anyway. When they did the bulk of their stadium tours in the 90s it was without Izzy. The big crowds come to see Axl and Slash. Throw Duff in there also and you can sell it as a full reunion.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
WARose wrote:

You also have to consider those are fan crowds. They are going to see these gigs anyway. When they did the bulk of their stadium tours in the 90s it was without Izzy. The big crowds come to see Axl and Slash. Throw Duff in there also and you can sell it as a full reunion.

Yes. Izzy has no leverage really. Anything Axl gives him is out of the goodness of his heart. That said, I want to see Izzy out there and Adler too

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axl wrote:

you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early.

One example: Axl mentioned during the EPIC Rock AM Ring '06 show that Izzy was supposed to be there. That would've elevated it to the de facto gig of the '06 band. Come to think of it, it prolly still is that. wink

Axl wrote:

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management

I heard Merck paid Izzy an obscene amount of money for lending street cred to the '06 band. Axl was oblivious to it, he was just happy to share the stage with his homie.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
WARose wrote:

They're happy to see him...

God, Izzy looks so cool.  However I don't think his Amp is plugged in and what you hear is Bumble behind him.  Izzy looks lost guitar wise for parts of the song.  His voice sounds kick ass.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

From the way this is going, it was obvious this wasn't a reunion, and it's being looked at like a real band moving forward, and you have a stable foundation right now with the main three and a bad ass rocking band who has been together for ten years, some even longer than that, with a shitload of music.

They don't need someone who may or may not turn up on a given day, or a guy who has been out of the loop for over twenty years and is a big legal liability, a personal headache who can't seem to stop fucking up, that the lead singer can't apparently stand. The last bit can apply to Sorum, too. But the word hate might be better.

I'd rather have the band than a touring sentimentality act.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

From the way this is going, it was obvious this wasn't a reunion, and it's being looked at like a real band moving forward...

I love your optimism. Hope springs eternal.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

From the way this is going, it was obvious this wasn't a reunion, and it's being looked at like a real band moving forward, and you have a stable foundation right now with the main three and a bad ass rocking band who has been together for ten years, some even longer than that, with a shitload of music.

They don't need someone who may or may not turn up on a given day, or a guy who has been out of the loop for over twenty years and is a big legal liability, a personal headache who can't seem to stop fucking up, that the lead singer can't apparently stand. The last bit can apply to Sorum, too. But the word hate might be better.

I think we have that.  I think what we are discussing is cameos....

I think Pitman is out.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think we have that.  I think what we are discussing is cameos....

I think Pitman is out.

How is Pitman out?

Board footer