You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Did IZZY STRADLIN Join TWITTER And Say Something About GUNS N' ROSES?

Aussie wrote:

Maybe it's designed as a cash grab for Axl, Duff and Slash. Then next year double dip and do it all again, this time with the AFD 5.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Maybe it's designed as a cash grab for Axl, Duff and Slash. Then next year double dip and do it all again, this time with the AFD 5.

Could be. If this is indeed all about the Benjamin's, things are off to a great start in that regard. But that interest will eventually die down. Once that happens, dangling Izzy & Steven into the mix could entice more interest. But, if the plan is actually to forge forward and have this lineup create music and be a functioning band, then it's guest spots at best. I'm leaning towards that being the plan. Of course, we know all too well that plans change.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

However at least 50% of GNR's bad mixing issues live come from too many guitarists and the alternating of lead lines mid solo break.

Often the first few notes of the change to a new guitarist are utterly inaudible as the sound guy catches up.

You see it a lot on boots too - like DJ will play a half the solo, it will cut to Bumble for the next phrase and we hear nothing while seeing him shredding the notes, until a moment later when he suddenly becomes audible above the din of 2 rhythm players and 2 keyboardists.

I think it's stupid -

You're preaching to my choir. Its why I said for years the old songs sound like shit.

Duff owning the living daylights out of Raw Power and Ron's cat has its claws out attacking a chalkboard for reasons only known in the twilight zone.

They don't need three guitarists. Never did and they don't now. It was an excuse for Axl to not have to fire either Finck, Bucket, or Huge when Finck came back. That's it. Fans morphed it into  always being Axl's vision to have 3 guitarists. Horse shit.

Slash and Izzy(or Fortus) can handle things and anyone who disagrees might fail a history test on Guns N Roses. 16 15

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So then you have to ask - if Axl/Slash/Duff get a reunion payday with or without Izzy - what do they get out of cutting him in?

All they get is a tad more legitimacy, but they've been GNR with no Izzy or Steven before on the UYI tour, and hell, Axl has toured with a lot of folks as GNR. It's not needed for the media. So what then? Just cos it's fun - but you temper that fun with Izzy possibly bailing...and calling out your bullshit...and whatever else...and well....hmmm.....maybe you keep the money and cut richard a soft fee to show up instead.

Yeah. Unfortunately this comes down to the money. Including Izzy is going to cost you, and you are not getting paid more if he's in. What would have been something to do just for fun suddenly becomes a big financial decision. And at 50+ there are wives, ex wives, kids in private schools. Huge overhead.

Though with the reported fees for these gigs, they are really looking like a bunch of Scrooges if they aren't willing to offer Izzy a deal he's going to accept. Obviously he wouldn't be an equal partner in Axl's band, and I think he's fine with that, but they need to show he's just not a hired gun. That's one of the reasons he quit the band in the first place.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

This

I didn't have a chance to post the other day, but I was screaming this at the screen while reading it.

It makes no sense at all business-wise. Why bust out Izzy & Steven now? In 2016? When you could hold them off, and bring them out next year for the 30th Anniversary AFD? It's a double dip, that makes perfect business sense.

People will pay big bucks, and already are, for this merging of the UYI & CD lineups.

They'll pay even bigger bucks for a true "reunion" of the AFD 5 next year. I can only imagine the huge media spectacle surrounding a short & sweet theater/stadium/festival tour for maybe "only" a limited time with Izzy on rhythm & Steven on drums + Dizzy, playing nothing but AFD in-full with GN'R Lies & a few covers making up the rest of the setlist.

Something like

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Out Ta Get Me
Sweet Child O' Mine
My Michelle
Think About You
Anything Goes
Rocket Queen
Civil War
Nice Boys
Move To The City
Mama Kin
Shadow of Your Love/Reckless Life [alternated depending on the show]
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy [alternated between electric & acoustic, depending on the show]
Nightrain

Encore:

Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
Paradise City

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Something like

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Out Ta Get Me
Sweet Child O' Mine
My Michelle
Think About You
Anything Goes
Rocket Queen
Civil War
Nice Boys
Move To The City
Mama Kin
Shadow of Your Love/Reckless Life [alternated depending on the show]
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy [alternated between electric & acoustic, depending on the show]
Nightrain

Encore:

Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
Paradise City

In 2017 before a real AFD anniversary tour, they could do a limited club tour in major cities(LA, NY, SF, Chicago, Seattle, Houston, Miami), sell tix for $500-1k....they'll make a killing.

AFD 5 on MANY bucket lists and I'm not just talking forum junkies...many people from the late 80s. That lineup was never a headliner even though they were the biggest rock band on the planet. By the time they turned into a massive touring juggernaut, AFD lineup was falling apart.

BTW...on this club run, don't include Dizzy(no offense Dizzy). Make this club run 100% pure.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

AFD 5 might be one of the few times Dizzy is told to stay home. Still wouldn't shock me if he's out there.

Board footer