You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

monkeychow wrote:

Axl joked about it himself on Trunk when he said sarcastically:

"Now, when have you ever known me to be reactionary?"

or words to that effect.

I have no doubt many of the people he has got into altercations with severely had it coming. However, it's also fair to say in terms of personality, it seems Axl may react (sometimes)  in situations where some may choose their battles and not react. It seems to be part of his nature for whatever reason.

I was just saying, it's great to see him in good spirits of late, but I also wouldn't expect a fundamental personality shift based on who the current guitarist is either - wrong guy crosses Axl at the wrong time and I have no doubt Axl will have a go.

I'm sure having Slash back eases the feeling of "the world against me" in terms of positive fan and media response, but it's not going to alter his whole personality, and part of that is a wicked temper when pushed to it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The venues will be full even if they offer refunds. They will simply fill up with gnr fans or people who just want to witness a once in a lifetime event.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I figure Axl doesn't use but a lot of people who aren't "users" will pop a xanax before a flight. Just the vibe I got from that video btw on the topic of calmness tongue.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Good catch. There was a faint slur in the Kimmel interview, as well.

He had a throat issue or something, 'I'm on bunch of different things...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4nN0Ua6eI#t=1m24s

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Sure. But reports of Axl's temper are voluminous.

Now, he seems unperturbed. Just rolling with it.

The fact that they stroke his ego helps, obviously.

Getting into old age also takes some of the edge off. No doubt the beast is still there, but it's harder to wake from its slumber.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

-Jack- wrote:

I figure Axl doesn't use but a lot of people who aren't "users" will pop a xanax before a flight. Just the vibe I got from that video btw on the topic of calmness tongue.

I always liked Charlie Brooker's description of flying on valium:

I'm not a good flier. I don't flip out on board and start hammering at the exits; I just sit there nervily envisaging a death plunge for the duration of the journey. And in the days leading up to take-off, I feel doomy and bleak, like I'm on a self-imposed death row. But this time around I had some valium. I'd never taken it before, and I'm glad I did. Neck the pill and 20 minutes later: bingo. Suddenly nothing really mattered. Instead of gripping the armrest during take-off, I lay back in my seat exhibiting the sort of blissful insouciance you'd normally associate with a man who's just been tossed off in a massage parlour.

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2008/ … -road-trip

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The venues will be full even if they offer refunds. They will simply fill up with gnr fans or people who just want to witness a once in a lifetime event.

It works out best for everyone. Get people who really want to go to the show in the audience. And I think there will be plenty of takers. You can't force AC/DC fans to accept this. If they choose to, great. Otherwise Axl supporters will pick up the slack.

AtariLegend wrote:

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It works out best for everyone. Get people who really want to go to the show in the audience. And I think there will be plenty of takers. You can't force AC/DC fans to accept this. If they choose to, great. Otherwise Axl supporters will pick up the slack.

It doesn't seem to have affected ticket prices substantially – over on StubHub standing tickets for the London show are about £85-90, same as a couple of weeks back. I was kind of hoping that the returns policy would drop the value of the resales so I could snap a couple up cheap. Oh well.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What was this video? It has been removed.

Board footer