You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Wow, how quick the fanbase has soured on the AC/DC thing.

We knew there were 10 makeup dates for the US, so I don't see that as any surprise.

GnR shows start in 3 weeks.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's AC/DC. You get bored fast. That's why we are primarily GN'R fans. And if him being with AC/DC impacts him being with GN'R we will of course turn on a dime.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't mind AC/DC, but this has run its course in mind. That and this should be so huge for GNR instead he is a new member of another band after Slash and Duff put their shit on hold. Oh well.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Ya'll are fickle.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Wow, how quick the fanbase has soured on the AC/DC thing.

We knew there were 10 makeup dates for the US, so I don't see that as any surprise.

GnR shows start in 3 weeks.

I still think it's awesome. I listen to it every day.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't soured on it but the novelty did wear off and I haven't been watching videos. LIke I said, I have no problem with him doing AC/DC. He can multitask. I'm just hoping for GNR to treat the reunion like the event that it is and give it the attention it truly deserves.

There's a window for new material and if the focus is going to be on live shows, considering how huge both bands he's touring with are, that window is capable of shutting fairly quickly. If he's going back and forth between two huge acts, where's the down time? Since Slash and Duff aren't talking, we don't know what they are doing while Axl tours with AC/DC.

johndivney wrote:

For me, I'm nonplused by the lack of GnR. I guess I'm just used to it by now. It's just good to see the big man out there doing his own thing.

I get the thoughts & worries behind whatever, or even if there is a, strategy in play. But I don't seem to be as invested as some of you. I don't really have any hopes or aspirations for GnR anymore.. Certainly no expectations.

A lot of it seems like we're going round in circles tbh. A lot of the complaints about what he/they should or need to do, especially relating to promo & singles(!), are just echoes of the last 30 years..

Eh... I guess it just doesn't mean that much to me anymore. Like I say I'm ok with where we're at & happy to see he's found some work he's keen on.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Ya'll are fickle.

There's a pattern in the Axl fandom. Fans want it one way and whatever he does is ultimately underwhelming.

What a dick he is, failing to take conflicting dictation to the course of his life from the internet. tongue

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i was in Hamburg for this one. Great show, albeit the sound could`ve been better for 110€. First show without the chair, that was nice. I was hoping he would be on his feet again and thankfully he was. A show with axl sitting just doesnt seem right. I´m thinking about going to the last show in Düsseldorf as well. i think i`ll wait for the London show tomorrow to see if he`s continuing to recover from the cold or whatever he had. Leipzig sounded great again.

For all you people crying about this. This Axl/Dc thing is getting rave reviews here in Germany and Axl`s image is back on track. Axl getting tons of positive press will only help Gnr, at least here in Europe. As far as i know there are problems in Germany with Promoters doubting his reliability, i guess that`s solved now...

By the Way, before the show in Hamburg they played a song by the Walking Papers (feat. Duff) in the Stadium. I guess that was Axl`s choice... I mean they`re completely unknow here. If that`s the case, nice one Axl.

johndivney wrote:

I'll tell you what he should do now - he should release his autobiography..

Board footer