You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

PA wants its factories back.

That makes sense, but do you sincerely believe Trump will do that? The global economy is what it is, Trump has no means to do that. He's not going to do that, just like he isn't going to build a wall, deport Mexicans, or anything else he said.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I've said the polls were way off and they were.

Yes, but let's be honest. It's only because you wanted them to be. You took a long shot and you got it right.

My powers of wish fulfillment must be amazing.

Or it was the glaringly skewed samples they chose.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

It's the Donald Trump show now. He can't defer to Hillary or anybody else and must answer for his actions going forward. The first thing he has to do is calm these markets and convince them he's not an insane person.

I know you guys are happy, some of you, but this election will have serious consequences to this country and the world. It's not a reality TV show.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I've said the polls were way off and they were.

Yes, but let's be honest. It's only because you wanted them to be. You took a long shot and you got it right.

My powers of wish fulfillment must be amazing.

Or it was the glaringly skewed samples they chose.

Hey maybe if you're lucky the first thing Trump will do is deport all the lizard people!

AtariLegend wrote:

Hillary btw conceded to Trump via phone call.

slcpunk wrote:

this election will have serious consequences to this country and the world

Remember that voters never blame themselves afterwards.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

CNN reports Hillary conceded to the Don.

I'm not sure happy is the right word for many of us.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I lean far left. Not surprising very little of my beliefs will ever overlap with the Republican party's ideology. I could have understood if Romney won, or even Cruz (even though I couldn't stand his ass.) But to elect Donald Trump is just lunacy in my book.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I lean far left. Not surprising very little of my beliefs will ever overlap with the Republican party's ideology. I could have understood if Romney won, or even Cruz (even though I couldn't stand his ass.) But to elect Donald Trump is just lunacy in my book.

I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.  My dislike for both candidates is well documented (though some took it as favoring Trump since Trump bashing was/is fairly popular here).  I'll be bashing him with you if he screws this up; however I suspect things will be the same as they have been for the last 20 years.  There have been peaks and valleys along the way, but the last 20 years have been fairly fucked up in some way or another and that will continue and would have no matter who won.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There's no way that every Trump voter is racist. That's absurd. Labeling them that is one of the reasons he will be taking the oath of office and not Hillary. As Buzz said, there are lessons to be learned in this election.

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

PA wants its factories back.

That makes sense, but do you sincerely believe Trump will do that?

Probably not but I do believe that issue swayed many votes in that region and not how many KKK rallies these voters attended.

Obama didn't bring them back. Hillary wouldn't even bother pretending she would. What other choice did the voters have?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Amazing! I am so fucking happy. Great day to be alive. He really loves America!!!

Board footer