You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 4, Elimination Round 1

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl had quite a lot of time between 2000 and 2008 to lay down vocal tracks for everything. There is soooooooooo much stuff we haven't heard and will likely never hear. axl

Vote off your least favourite track

Me & My Elvis 0%
Circus Maximus 0%
D Tune 0%
Curly Shuffle 0%
Nothing 11%
As It Began 6%
Thyme 83%
Total votes: 18
Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

I’m surprised this first round goes against Thyme so clearly. I know it’s just a short instrumental, but it’s really intriguing.It screams I wanna hear more to me

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

Going with Thyme as well.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
PotatoSalad wrote:

Going with Thyme as well.

Over the unfinished abomination that is Nothing?

wasted

wasted wrote:

Thyme is an easy one as there’s no vocal or tune. Could be a good outro to CD II though.

Expect Soul Monster to win this one. Need to listen to D tune, Curly, As it Began more.

wasted

wasted wrote:

Disc 4 is like a Pink Floyd album. It’s so easy to see each Disc being the basis for an album especially with left over tracks.

wasted

wasted wrote:

The whole disc is pretty interesting, Hard to actually say what kind of order I’d put them in at this point.

Soul, Maximus I have in my mind. But D tune and Curly are heavy Alt rock tracks. Intro to Maximus reminds me of some Slipknot track part. I could see Nothing getting a Bucket solo and Ron might’ve add some extra guitar layers.

As it Began has some Moonlight Mile feel, Axl swimming with dolphins again. Thyme reminds me of UNKLE’s movie soundtrack album.

Overall quite an enjoyable disc.

Sky Dog wrote:

As It Began sounds like Pyramid Song by Radiohead....to me. 10

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Soul Monster is a monster. A Buckethead epic brought to the table and obviously shot up the A list. Shocked that other than vocals, it's already finished in 2000.

It's actually not a Buckethead track. If you look at the mix date, Axl only met Bucket a few months prior and Finck was on excursion with nine inch nails around that time.

However Bucket obviously would have added guitar within the next year or 2. We know Beltrami added to it as well.

Yes I agree though, it does sound finished. I'm more interested in hearing this with vocals than The General for example.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Soul Monster is a monster. A Buckethead epic brought to the table and obviously shot up the A list. Shocked that other than vocals, it's already finished in 2000.

It's actually not a Buckethead track. If you look at the mix date, Axl only met Bucket a few months prior and Finck was on excursion with nine inch nails around that time.

However Bucket obviously would have added guitar within the next year or 2. We know Beltrami added to it as well.

Yes I agree though, it does sound finished. I'm more interested in hearing this with vocals than The General for example.

I realize the dates may not match...but that's Bucket. There's no other guitarist that plays like that and even if there was, Finck can't play that cleanly and all Tobias does on tracks is rhythm.

It can't be Navarro either.

If it's not Bucket, someone like Vai was brought in under the radar and we still don't know about it.

It may literally be the first thing he brought to the table.

Now you've got me wondering if the demo is even a GNR track. This may be another Giant Robot Production.

I may have to venture over to TK and see what the bots have to say about these songs. When it comes to Bucket and Brain, they can pick gnat shit out of pepper.

Edit

Looking at the dates again. Man that is cutting it awfully close.

Another song that sticks out on disc 1 is Madagascar.

Board footer