You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Listen to this. This was a new Q'anon moron Congresswoman Mary Miller speaking

https://twitter.com/always_margot/status/1346578062700400647?s=20

[/embed]

Wow.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fact he got as many votes as he did, especially with Hispanics and Blacks, shows how out of touch progressives are.

This is what you're talking about today? How "out of touch" progressives are? This is mind numbing in it's detachment from reality. We have a party who are full throttle against democracy, failing to uphold their oath to the COTUS who are still contesting the election after our president incited seditious acts and you're talking about liberals and how out of touch they are. JFC, get a grip.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

They need to invoke the 25h. It's time.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

There is absolutely no reason to believe trump is going to behave after his "concession" last night. Who would take the word of this man? He's shown over and over again he is not fit for office and is a pathological liar.

The 25th must be invoked and he has to be removed to ensure a peaceful transition.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fact he got as many votes as he did, especially with Hispanics and Blacks, shows how out of touch progressives are.

This is what you're talking about today? How "out of touch" progressives are? This is mind numbing in it's detachment from reality. We have a party who are full throttle against democracy, failing to uphold their oath to the COTUS who are still contesting the election after our president incited seditious acts and you're talking about liberals and how out of touch they are. JFC, get a grip.

Lol, you ignored what else I posted for that bit. 5

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

That and blaming the Capitol police.  Yeah, they weren't good but it was nowhere near the main problem.  I'm watching CNN and they are replaying those speeches by Giuliani, Trump Jr. and Trump prior to the storming of the capital (ie calling those dipshits to arms).  But yeah go focus on the shoddy Capitol police.

Oh these lowlifes were taking stuff out of the Capitol building as well.  Some idiot was taking a podium, another one stole a laptop from a Senator and another one stole mail or something off Pelolsi's desk.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

There is absolutely no reason to believe trump is going to behave after his "concession" last night. Who would take the word of this man? He's shown over and over again he is not fit for office and is a pathological liar.

The 25th must be invoked and he has to be removed to ensure a peaceful transition.

Apparently when Pelosi and Schumer tried calling Pence to discuss invoking the 25th, he didn't answer his phone.

I still believe something unconventional happened last night. Trump was taken out of the loop at some point. Advisers saying he sounded insane while ranting and raving to the point they couldn't get through to him.

He also refused to call in the national guard when the storming of the Capitol happened...and advisers saying he looked to be enjoying it.

He's insane and beyond defending at this point.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Apparently when Pelosi and Schumer tried calling Pence to discuss invoking the 25th, he didn't answer his phone.

I still believe something unconventional happened last night. Trump was taken out of the loop at some point. Advisers saying he sounded insane while ranting and raving to the point they couldn't get through to him.

He also refused to call in the national guard when the storming of the Capitol happened...and advisers saying he looked to be enjoying it.

Sure you can even see him celebrating the attack while watching on TV. I posted it earlier. What a disgusting man.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I saw someone on Reddit bring up a good point regarding Pence....he might be talking with Republican leadership before making any kind of move. He's gotta read the room. We already know from his statements yesterday he had been talking with various Trump cabinet members...and he intentionally left out Trump as someone he was talking to.

I don't believe they're going to openly and officially invoke it. While they technically should for obvious reasons, it could potentially create a crisis that spirals out of control.

Better to just neuter him quietly and keep him up there for ceremonial purposes.

A neutered Trump can't do any serious damage. They can just run out the clock.

I saw where Facebook and Instagram have banned him until he's out of office. It's a good first step. Twitter should do it too.

It's time to move on.

On the 21st, I'm boycotting news outlets that continually cover him.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think SLC said it best when he said ‘i keep waiting for people to draw a line in the sand.’

They’d rather explain it away as somehow the fault of BLM or anyone else.

This has to be the line for everyone right?

Board footer