You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

They need to invoke the 25h. It's time.

There is absolutely no reason to believe trump is going to behave after his "concession" last night. Who would take the word of this man? He's shown over and over again he is not fit for office and is a pathological liar.

The 25th must be invoked and he has to be removed to ensure a peaceful transition.

Apparently when Pelosi and Schumer tried calling Pence to discuss invoking the 25th, he didn't answer his phone.

I still believe something unconventional happened last night. Trump was taken out of the loop at some point. Advisers saying he sounded insane while ranting and raving to the point they couldn't get through to him.

He also refused to call in the national guard when the storming of the Capitol happened...and advisers saying he looked to be enjoying it.

He's insane and beyond defending at this point.

That's more or less  what Pence and the sane people did.  They just bypassed Trump and kept him out of the loop. and acted for the good of the country.  They knew he (Trump) would be preoccupied with other stuff (probably still complaining about Pence).  And that's how they should deal with him for the next 13 days.  The 25th got invoked unofficially in a roundabout way or whatever you want to describe it as.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

They need to invoke the 25h. It's time.

There is absolutely no reason to believe trump is going to behave after his "concession" last night. Who would take the word of this man? He's shown over and over again he is not fit for office and is a pathological liar.

The 25th must be invoked and he has to be removed to ensure a peaceful transition.

Apparently when Pelosi and Schumer tried calling Pence to discuss invoking the 25th, he didn't answer his phone.

I still believe something unconventional happened last night. Trump was taken out of the loop at some point. Advisers saying he sounded insane while ranting and raving to the point they couldn't get through to him.

He also refused to call in the national guard when the storming of the Capitol happened...and advisers saying he looked to be enjoying it.

I think he really wasn't relenting and thinks them overtaking the building would pause the vote, giving him more time to win this. I think everyone around him felt he was nuts, and delusional, but he really thought he would win it over at the end.

I do think Pence is pissed. I think pompeo & rosenstein just want these 2 weeks to pass, mcconell probably too. elaine chao, mcconnels wife & cabinet member, resigned, apparently avoiding to vote. Curious, if she was upset the others weren't going to vote to remove him, or if she saw they were preparing to vote, otherwise if she didn't want to be singled out as one of those who voted to keep him in office and is outnumbered. We'll see.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fact he got as many votes as he did, especially with Hispanics and Blacks, shows how out of touch progressives are.

This is what you're talking about today? How "out of touch" progressives are? This is mind numbing in it's detachment from reality. We have a party who are full throttle against democracy, failing to uphold their oath to the COTUS who are still contesting the election after our president incited seditious acts and you're talking about liberals and how out of touch they are. JFC, get a grip.

That and blaming the Capitol police.  Yeah, they weren't good but it was nowhere near the main problem.  I'm watching CNN and they are replaying those speeches by Giuliani, Trump Jr. and Trump prior to the storming of the capital (ie calling those dipshits to arms).  But yeah go focus on the shoddy Capitol police.

Oh these lowlifes were taking stuff out of the Capitol building as well.  Some idiot was taking a podium, another one stole a laptop from a Senator and another one stole mail or something off Pelolsi's desk.

The Capitol police do shoulder a portion of the blame here. They literally allowed people through and some were taking selfies with these dipshits.

There should be a mass firing.

Some will call me crazy but whoever shot that woman deserves a medal. Our leaders were near that area and he wasn't allowing anyone to cross that line.

It delivered a much needed wake up call to those people. If he doesn't shoot her, it might have gotten even uglier real quick.

The guy telling all those people to break through the door is a coward. He did it from a safe distance. Someone should've caved his jaw in.

If this happens again I want all of them shot on sight.

She died for nothing. Fell Into a conspiracy rabbit hole of idiocy and paid for it with her life.

Three others died....

One tased himself to death

One fell off a scaffold

One had a heart attack after a flash bang

As far as everything else you said, I agree. Like I said last night, there's no way to whataboutism your way out of this.

Comparing BLM/Antifa riots to this is apples and bowling balls.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

That's more or less  what Pence and the sane people did.  They just bypassed Trump and kept him out of the loop. and acted for the good of the country.  They knew he (Trump) would be preoccupied with other stuff (probably still complaining about Pence).  And that's how they should deal with him for the next 13 days.  The 25th got invoked unofficially in a roundabout way or whatever you want to describe it as.

Yep... keeping it unofficial and on the down low prevents any sort of constitutional crisis from taking shape.

Invoke the 25th, constitutional crisis, he might gain the upper hand temporarily by using the Patriot Act to seize power.

Trump loves chaos from a safe distance. He thrives on it. Don't give it to him.

I do think Pence is pissed

That's an understatement.

Trump threw him under the bus minutes before the storming of the Capitol began. People were yelling out for Pence to be lynched...and he was feet away from these people before being moved.

Like I said last night...we were a functioning brain and a plan away from a decapitation strike on our government with only Trump and the supreme court left standing.

What happened yesterday should never be minimized or whitewashed.

I'm assuming that many of his more rational supporters woke up yesterday. Apparently on C-SPAN yesterday a lot of callers said they now regret voting for him.

Good. They're rejuvenating their brains.

They found out yesterday that Trump only cares about Trump. Pence found out too. He was willing to sacrifice his vice president on the altar of Trumpism.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James wrote:

She died for nothing. Fell Into a conspiracy rabbit hole of idiocy and paid for it with her life.

That video of her falling to her death, wrapped in a trump flag was the craziest visual I've seen. Getting shot for her cult leader and then bleeding to death on top of his branding merchandise.

Think trump thought about her for more than one second?

James wrote:

How does somebody taze themselves to death I wonder?

James

James wrote:

I didn't even realize this until now....

Before it actually happened, Trump insinuated he would lead his followers on the march.

Did he? Of course not. He's the ultimate pansy.

I'm sure in his mind he fantasizes himself being an Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, or Hitler type badass but his cowardice can never allow it to ever go beyond fantasy.

THIS is who people are obsessed with.... willing to sacrifice our country for.....some willing to literally die for.

Unreal.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Another interesting point...weren’t the same number of people killed yesterday as were killed in Benghazi?

Just thought that a curious coincidence.

James

James wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
James wrote:

That video of her falling to her death, wrapped in a trump flag was the craziest visual I've seen. Getting shot for her cult leader and then bleeding to death on top of his branding merchandise.

Think trump thought about her for more than one second?

James wrote:

How does somebody taze themselves to death I wonder?

I was wondering about this too. I tried finding footage of it.

It might be similar to that Proud Boys guy who recorded himself sticking a dildo up his ass to "own the libs".

I read somewhere that the guy who fell off the scaffold may have been dancing and celebrating up there.

Some of these people are complete imbeciles and beyond help.

Some guy removed the US flag and replaced it with the Trump flag...yet calls himself a patriot.

If Trump didn't mention that woman today, he definitely never gave her a second thought.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Some will call me crazy but whoever shot that woman deserves a medal. Our leaders were near that area and he wasn't allowing anyone to cross that line.

It delivered a much needed wake up call to those people. If he doesn't shoot her, it might have gotten even uglier real quick.

The guy telling all those people to break through the door is a coward. He did it from a safe distance. Someone should've caved his jaw in.

If this happens again I want all of them shot on sight.

No complaints here and you're not crazy.  If some cop is telling you to stand down and has a gun pointed at you and you STILL proceed to disobey the order, well if something bad happens to you, it's your own fucking fault.  There was a TMZ vid that came out today that showed her just ranting in her driving, she's a fucking loon.

These people are zombies at this point and not real bright.  These idiots go maskless or wear identifying info and makes it easier for them to get arrested or get fired from their jobs.  Good riddance I say. 

James wrote:

Trump threw him under the bus minutes before the storming of the Capitol began. People were yelling out for Pence to be lynched...and he was feet away from these people before being moved.

I totally forgot about this.  And this is one of the more fucked up things about yesterday.  You have him basically giving out an order to hunt down his own VP just because the guy wouldn't go against the Constitution and do (Trump's bidding).

The faster we get back to a "normal" governement the better. Our country can't function with this chaos.  And we look like a GIGANTIC fuckup on the world stage.  I know that doesn't matter as much to others but if you're supposed to the World's superpower and one that everyone looks up to, shit like this can't and shouldn't happen.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Hopefully this is the hump that breaks the camels back and something positive comes from it.
It was inevitable something like this was going to happen.

Board footer