You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: What unanswered questions do you want answered by GnR?

FlashFlood wrote:

Wagz threw out the idea of a GnR livestream in another thread. I’m curious if you could ask the band anything and get an answer, what would you ask? These are what I posed in the other thread:

What happened with 2001 Euro tour? What happened with pulling the plug in Philly in 02? What was actually recorded between 94-97? Was there a failed 2006 reunion?

What you got?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

- Why was Axl so dead set against Gilby being involved in 94-95 to work on a new album?

- Why didn't you promote UYI on the late night talk shows, SNL, etc?

- Why did both camps put in a half assed effort on Live Era?

- Any other song considered for End of Days besides Oh My God?

- What's the real story behind trying to get Izzy back before Rio 01?

- What's the real story behind what happened with Slash leading up to the hangers on kicking him out of the club in Vegas (2001)?

What imploded the reunion in 2005?

Why bother pretending there was any chance of CD II coming out in the Ashba years?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Axl: What happened during November 2008 that resulted in improper artwork and radio silence?

Axl: What was your motivation around the concept and title “Chinese Democracy”?

Axl: Would you do a CD box set please?

Axl: Would you please release CD2 as it was recorded without Slash and duff? Actual all iterations please. Including instrumentals.

Robin: Why did you quit Guns N Roses? In 1999? In 2008?

Axl: Would you please release more music? I like your art. Please explore different possibilities.

All: Favorite song for New Guns? Favorite contribution of yours?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Robin: Why did you quit Guns N Roses? In 1999? In 2008?

1999 pretty obvious....

He realized not a goddamn thing was going to happen.

He was right.

He's also damn lucky Axl let him back in.  He basically forced his way back in....Axl reluctant to fire anyone....so the 3 guitarist lineup is born which gets retconned into a "grand vision".

He thought the train to China was leaving the station.

He was wrong....

After a couple shows it was back in limbo.

Looking back on it, I think everyone post 2002 just stayed in the band for a paycheck. 

Pretty sure he bailed the second time in 2007, not 2008.

I used to think he bailed for NIN because he sensed the 2007 tour a repeat of 2002.

I now believe he knew it was coming out, was being released half assed with a mediocre track list(Robin said later his favorite songs not on album), and Axl was hibernating so a tour was off the table. We also know now... although suspected back then anyways...Robin and Fortus didn't like the 2006-07 lineup.

No point in staying.

What was your motivation around the concept and title “Chinese Democracy”

I think he just liked the title. It is a killer title. It was a perfectly fitting title for how it played out before release. Something that doesn't exist and will never happen.

I never really bought the whole Kundun thing. It may have planted the seed but the song/album clearly have nothing to do with China.

: What happened during November 2008 that resulted in improper artwork and radio silence?

I think they had released the cover/liner notes/lyrics that were being worked on in 2002 before the rug was pulled out from under them and simply never bothered to fix it.

Embarrassing.

Silence probably due to not wanting to deal with media scrutiny. Every interview would begin with....

We waited ten years for this?!?

It also would've gotten comparisons to Velvet Revolver and he would've got questions about was it worth breaking up the old band, etc.

No way in hell can he deal with that line of questioning. He could barely handle the softball questions thrown at him on the forums a year later.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd really like to read Axl's version of events like his diary/book thing he mentioned online once.

It would be really interesting to get his perspective on events.

I'm sure it would be different to the other guys.

I'm not even trying to work out anything like what really happened or who is lying or anything, for me it's more like getting famous on the level they did is a really unusual and interesting thing to happen in a person's life and it would be interesting to see how it all was if you are axl with Axl's abilities and Axl's brain or whatever.

I think an interesting companion piece to GNR's artworks and GNR's history at this point would be understanding Axl's reasoning. When he was right, when he was wrong, when he was kind, when he was the asshole etc. When he was angry why - when he didn't trust people why - when he did trust people why.

He seems like a guy that thinks a lot - so I think his take on GNR history would be great for us fans just to really understand everything - even if we didn't agree with him.

But I can't see them publishing it as it would probably start a lot of shit and wake up old animosities etc. But for the nerds like us that follow everything - a look into the midset behind all the choices would be awesome.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Nah James, the 2008 artwork was done in 2008. One of the GNR podcasts had the designer on who worked on it.

And besides, the illustration complexity in the album artwork wasn’t possible in 2002 and half of the photographs were taken by George Chin in either 2002 or 2006 (Axl, Buckethead, Ron to name a few).

That reminds me:

Axl: What happened to the supposed 2000 album mastered by George Marino?

Axl: Was there a finished album cover including lyrics etc in 2002? (The Journey guy was working on it... it’s here on Evo somewhere)

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Was a video for CITR really filmed in 2002 or just rumor?

Was Axl planning to debut new tracks at RIR 2004?

Did Axl actually hand in CD II in 2010?

What is this about Slash emailing Axl threatening a photographer in December 2005? Did Axl hire a PI to investigate Slash?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Oh god I have a million questions but I'll start with this one:

Axl, what do you do with all your time? I would find a nicer way of basically saying 'what's it like doing so little for damn near 30 years?'

I really would like to know what a day in the life would look like for him. He seems extremely anti-social and he definitely doesn't like to talk or do business much anymore.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The whole 2006 near-reunion blows my mind with what a missed opportunity it was. Stumbled across this video of GnR at Download with Izzy. Considering just a couple years before, Izzy was helping VR, thinking he was possibly a conduit between the Axl/Slash camp. A 2006 reunion with this Axl, Slash, and Izzy could have retaken the world of rock music. Unfortunately it was 8 years later when Duff hooked up with Axl that proved to be the catalyst.

(PS pay no mind to the fact that Ron’s solos are inaudible lol)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

These are the questions he should have gotten at HTGTH. But hey, at least now we know Ariel is his favorite Disney Princess.

Board footer