You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Why can't the fanbase drop the negativity even when there is good news

Axl S wrote:

I know we've all been burned before, and I get those having a "I'll still believe it when I see it" attitude to any potential new album/EP/single. That's normal after all these years.

I can't understand the fans who are saying "I hate this", "They've butchered Hard School", "This band is a joke, these aren't new songs", "I'd rather have them write brand new stuff", "Why Silkworms?".

We all whine and complain about nothing happening on the new music and new album front. This band then soundchecks Hardschool last year, with Axl actually singing it with them which is unheard of, then they soundcheck it again this year and then last night they play unreleased new music.

And still people complain nonstop. We've wanted a new album for so long now, and we are seeing some signs that something may actually be happening. It's probably the most exciting time to be a fan of this band since 2016.

Who cares if these songs were written a while ago, Don't Cry existed in 85/86 and wasn't released until six years later. No one in 1991 was going "Actually these aren't newly written songs, some of them were written years ago".The song performed last night was primarily written by Dizzy and Pitman, and one of them at least is still in the band.

It's not all perfect, I'm sure we'd love more and love to hear more communication from the band about any new album but for once just take the win, be a little happy and have some positivity.

/rant over.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

People are people... if GN'R will release an all new songs album, NuGN'R fans will bitch about the "lost CD recordings", and will blame Slash and Duff.
If the new album will contain some of the leaked songs, AFD5 fanatics will complain.

Any cover they'll record will get much hate as well.

There's no winning here, let's enjoy what we can smile

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yeah, stop fucking whining guys. Like, they played a new song (yeah, alright, a new song from 2000, but a song that has not been on a GN'R album). That is the clearest sign yet that there is a new album in the works.

And yeah, personally I don't get Axl's attachment to Silkworms/Absurd; I can think of three or four better songs from the leaks, but whatever, it's his baby. And you can see he's stoked to be doing something new.

I'm hoping that the new album is a mix of the best of those CDII demos plus some new contributions from Slash, Duff and the rest of the band. It'd be nice to know they've worked something up as a band, from scratch, rather than relying on polishing 20-year-old demos.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Fanbase has been divided for so long. There has been more to be positive about the last 5 years than not - it's just the obscenely long time it takes GN'R to get their shit together that frustrates most ... As fans, we have had to be very patient and we are starved for new stuff... For me - it's another exciting chapter. GN'R seemed energised and on point in this latest concert... things are lining up nicely

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i was a bit down when it seemed from the first show that it was going to be more NITL, but with Absurd now in the set and Hardskool looking eventual I'm kinda positive now....really think this is a good sign for a future album actually happening too....it's also hope for the other demos i've liked over the years....so overall I'm kinda excited again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

People are people... if GN'R will release an all new songs album, NuGN'R fans will bitch about the "lost CD recordings", and will blame Slash and Duff.
If the new album will contain some of the leaked songs, AFD5 fanatics will complain.

Any cover they'll record will get much hate as well.

There's no winning here, let's enjoy what we can smile

Yeah, I think you’re always going to get that. That’s why message boards exist, right? So people can share their differing viewpoints. Can’t blame people for feeling a little jaded after all these years. I sometimes wonder why you’d keep coming back for more, but I guess there’s an obsession of sorts that’s hard for all of us to let go of, regardless of what is or isn’t going on. Last night was the first show I haven’t gone to in my region (2 hours away) since 2002. I’m jealous of those that got to witness it, but I’m hopeful they’ll be back with even more to offer down the line.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I'm excited because I had lost hope for the more "experimental" or Bucket-esque CD 2 tracks, but if Silkworms is in the running than anything is possible.

Sky Dog wrote:

Playing Silkworms literally changes nothing for me as far as my hopes for a new album.

However, watching parts of the show did motivate me to want to go see them. They were kicking some serious ass. 39

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What a difference one song makes....

A few days ago, it was the end of the world and we were all gathering our loved ones and heading for the ark.

Then Silkworms gets performed....

Now we're dancing in the streets in the midst of sunshine and rainbows.

To answer the OP question....

It's always been like this...since the bulletin boards of the late 90s. A fanbase starved for material...as this one always is...will be negative a majority of the time.

Then take into account the fan base never gets updates.

As long as they release something, you'll see much of the negativity go away. Look what happened with the Village leaks.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Humans aren't always rational creatures.

Most of the business world is designed to avoid irrationality and provide consumers with a steady drip of content.

Combine that with a decade plus of mistreatment and bad decision making and you have resentments build up. This fuels the irrationality.

And then we had 4 years of the same tour when everything was going great, overpriced t-shirts, poor communication, and so on.

I love Absurd. I think people should be excited about it. I think Gn'R should make good on the  "whole new show" by playing more new songs and release at least an EP of music for their fans to enjoy. This would help us move forward in a positive way.

Board footer