You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

Axl S wrote:

No Absurd in my Spotify new releases playlist for the week... probably because I already binged the song 16

It’s listens might climb a little today as people get Absurd-bombed on their way to work

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Absurd isn’t on Apples latest releases rotunda thing anymore in the Music Store.

I’m guessing it’s a pay X for Y time thing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Absurd isn’t on Apples latest releases rotunda thing anymore in the Music Store.

I’m guessing it’s a pay X for Y time thing.

Aye the marketted latest releases definitely are. No idea about how featuring in the custom generated playlists that people get each week works. I get a lot of niche stuff in mine, so it's not all marketing spend to get featured.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's not bad at all. Elevates an experimental CD song into a credible punk rock tune. Shows how vital Slash always was to the GN'R sound.

Silk Worms being the first release from this lineup in nearly 30 years is priceless. Maybe some of that old gnr spirit is still alive. Competition these days is non existent so they might even do well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I was listening to The Police earlier. When I got to this song....

I remembered how it's a Sting demo with Copeland and Summers pasted into the track.

I wish GNR could make some of the upcoming songs sound a bit more natural like this.

Hugh Padgham produced it and he's still alive....

Maybe bring him in?!?

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Unless Gn'R releases another single/EP or album starting with "Ab" then that will mean "ABSURD" will always show up first. You will see "ABSURD" before you see "Appetite for Destruction".

Isn't that absurd?!!

(If Axl wants to bury Appetite he just needs to monopolize titles "Aa"-through-"Ao". 16)

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Axl before Absurd:
“We're gonna do a song now... I know, I know, it's still a shock. It's a shock to us as well. You might like it, you might not. We're gonna do it anyway. This is called Absurd”.

Axl after Absurd:
“Thank you, you're too kind... Eh, either way it's really fun to do that song”.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think it's fine in a vacuum, but not if it's on a comeback album.

Bands do still release b-sides, eps and rare unreleased tracks from decades ago without building an entire album around them (for example Radiohead).

Despite likening Frank, I'm not surprised if Brain ends up all over the album... but I am if Slash and Duff have just re-recorded nothing, but old Chinese Democracy songs.

I'm not sure and haven't listened to the bbf version in a few years (I think), but are these new Axl vocals?

Also just saying, but I still prefer the Rough Mix Disc 1 version.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not sure and haven't listened to the bbf version in a few years (I think), but are these new Axl vocals?

the vocals and drums are exactly those on the BBF version.
I also tried listening to the 2010 cellphone recording and I think I can hear more guitars there already, similar to the 2021 release - the prominent guitar riff seems to already be there, just obviously not THAT prominent as on Absurd.
bass also is new and more distinct.

Sky Dog wrote:

Of course the bass is more distinct, all they had to do is raise Tommy’s bass in the mix!

Board footer