You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: IRS Live 2006

James wrote:

I had forgotten exactly which CD songs have been played since the reunion. I was looking through YouTube and saw this for the first time in eons.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_6CsbY7qyc


In hindsight.... other than Axl...and I can't believe I'm actually saying this.....the star here is Bumblefoot. He is a real trooper. He was not allowed to properly learn these CD songs and essentially was tossed into a world tour and had to 'wing it'.

I was one of the people who gave him a lot of crap back then but he actually deserved praise. He's doing everything he can to keep it together and he's doing it in a terrible environment. His own band mates don't even want him there....he's getting shit from hardcores...and he's having to win over some harsh casual crowds.

Kudos Ron.

It almost tempted me to watch the entire show.

Wagszilla
 Rep: 16 

Re: IRS Live 2006

Wagszilla wrote:

Ron had to put up with an extreme amount of shit.

It was horrible to see in real time and every step of the way he was "fans first". I think class act gets thrown around a lot but... if the Bumbleboot fits...

I remember when he came out and said hi to us 5 people at The Fillmore on a rainy day in Detroit in 2012 waiting for the doors to open. It's just a small moment but it shows how cool he is. He seems to be a big hearted goofball along with being a killer guitarist and I appreciate the guy. And the Hammerstein show is 500x more impressive when you learn what the dude was dealing with to get onstage...

Back on topic, it's kind of criminal how we didn't get a 2006 recording of IRS. This is the "Absurd" treatment of "IRS. A hard-rocking version with some soulful guitar and a cool bass line from Tommy.

Summer 2006 is the span of live shows that should've made it to a live album if not the album proper.

I mean, hey, maybe re-record your vocals?

2006 is still real to me, damnit!

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: IRS Live 2006

zombux wrote:

this performance is just killer and yeah, Bumble is absolutely shining on this. one of the best NewGNR performances ever
(and as a very very rare thing, Axl's vocals also rip through mightily, one of the very few occasions after 93 when the rasp got fully used)

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: IRS Live 2006

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Ron had to put up with an extreme amount of shit.

It was horrible to see in real time and every step of the way he was "fans first". I think class act gets thrown around a lot but... if the Bumbleboot fits...

I remember when he came out and said hi to us 5 people at The Fillmore on a rainy day in Detroit in 2012 waiting for the doors to open. It's just a small moment but it shows how cool he is. He seems to be a big hearted goofball along with being a killer guitarist and I appreciate the guy.

Also it's kind of criminal how we didn't get a 2006 recording of IRS. This is the "Absurd" treatment of "IRS" along with some soulful guitar and a cool bass line from Tommy.

Summer 2006 is the span of live shows that should've made it to a live album if not the album proper.

And hey, maybe re-record your vocals?

2006 is still real to me, damnit!

I regret a lot of my negativity towards him.

Yeah I was a Bucket bot...but so what? It's not like it's a war where you have to pick sides.

My negativity here helped create an avalanche. When people see the admin being negative to a band member, they see it's ok and it snowballs....

And he was an Evo member!!

I know he was getting shit from other sites as well but I definitely went too far.

I cringe looking back.

I used to moderate the chat room when he'd come in and do literal all night chats in 2007-08. There'd  be like 30-40 people in the chat room. Before starting the questions, he'd say hi to every single person but me!

He really is the most fan friendly member in the band's history.

Wagszilla
 Rep: 16 

Re: IRS Live 2006

Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:

I regret a lot of my negativity towards him..

The entire Gn'R online community would be better off trying to reach out and make amends.

I've never seen a music community as plagued by mental illness as this one.

Gn'R would be wise following suit by opening up guest spots for New Gn'R alum and releasing music.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: IRS Live 2006

zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I've never seen a music community as plagued by mental illness as this one.

absolutely.
btw, great to be back here. I ragequit quite a long time ago, because this place got infested by mentally ill persons, spamming every topic with stuff they made up in their heads, and nobody threw them out.
it feels good now again, againthe small place with laid back mood and no idiots.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: IRS Live 2006

James wrote:

I've never seen a music community as plagued by mental illness as this one.

That's the understatement of the millennium.

In my defense...a lot of mine was fueled by massive drug use. 18

Not sure that's really a defense. 16


But yeah....bat shit crazy fanbase.

Since the 90s, I've participated in all sorts of fan communities and none were anything like GNR's.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: IRS Live 2006

James wrote:
zombux wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I've never seen a music community as plagued by mental illness as this one.

absolutely.
btw, great to be back here. I ragequit quite a long time ago, because this place got infested by mentally ill persons, spamming every topic with stuff they made up in their heads, and nobody threw them out.
it feels good now again, againthe small place with laid back mood and no idiots.

Good to see you back.

Here's why I don't like to throw them out....

It becomes a long, drawn out game of whack a mole. I ban, they pop up with a new name, ban, they pop up with a new name.....

I prefer to monitor these types and just let them keep using their main account until it plays out.

Here's how to get rid of these types....

Ignore them. If they don't get the reaction they want, they eventually go elsewhere looking for it.


You're from the good old days. I wish more people from back then would come back... especially if an album is on the way. I wonder what happened to some of those people who haven't been around in years.

Axl S
 Rep: 109 

Re: IRS Live 2006

Axl S wrote:

If I recall correctly there’s a really good fan upscale with remastered audio done of the Rock Am Ring show by Fransad available somewhere online.

That failed 06 launch was the last time they had any sort of momentum. It’s a shame.

Axl S
 Rep: 109 

Re: IRS Live 2006

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

I wonder what happened to some of those people who haven't been around in years.

Some are still on some of the Discord’s and some ended up on MyGNR just cause of the community being more active - don’t think the quality of conversation is as good though on that forum IMO.

The dead and bland years where nothing significant happened between 09-15 really killed off a lot of the online community + message boards becoming less popular in general. I wish some of those people would come back too.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB