You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Use Your Illusion 30th Anniversary

AtariLegend wrote:

So, um this rumoured mythical box set is no where to be found?

Did I miss something? The posters that were supposed to have connections around the forums said they believed it was coming.

I know people got excited by Silkworms finaly getting released, but this is a strange one.

The Anniversary fyi is on September 17th.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah it's obviously not happening on the anniversary. Unfortunately....

Looks like they're going to do a repeat of the AFD anniversary release....a year later(or more) although let's hope they get the price right this time.

If it's another 1k box set....it'll be talked about for five minutes and then everyone moves on.

If they're going to focus on a new album, skipping the anniversary would be understandable.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

all i really want is the perfect crime dvd and the version of you could be mine with adler. we already have instrumentals, different versions of the songs, and songs that didn't make the cut... what else could they include in this?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The only thing we are missing from the UYI era is quality footage from the tour. The demos were already leaked/became Spaghetti Incident. Don’t care.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’m fine with the albums as they are.

I would definitely want to see any and all footage of the tour. I saw 7 UYI shows so that was my heyday! axl9221

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The anniversary would be a great time to drop a new album called Use Your Illusion III.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Axl S wrote:

The anniversary would be a great time to drop a new album called Use Your Illusion III.

Stop making sense. It hurts the locals' feelings.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

They should do something like this https://www.livemetallica.com/ for the UYI shows they have recorded. IIRC Troccli or however you spell his username on mygnr said that the box will probbaly be a year late like the AFD one.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:

That would be pretty cool

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I suspect that COVID threw a wrench into the plans. Presumably the original plan was: drop a new album, tour off the back of that for a while, then when it starts to go off the boil, drop the UYI special edition to give the tour another shot in the arm. Now everything's been pushed back by a year or two.

Board footer