You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Bob Saget dead at 65

James wrote:

Just happened. Found dead in his hotel room.

Already speculation of suicide, drug overdose, etc.

He wasn't sick.

RIP

Not a huge fan. Watched Full House a bit in the early 90s although mainly for Aunt Becky or whatever her name was.

I always wanted to check out his early comedy... supposedly on the level of Richard Pryor and Red Foxx.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Judging by his "jokes" I'd say he was another Hollywood pedophile. Who thinks up jokes about raping kids in the ass?

Good luck Bob, you're going to need it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

Judging by his "jokes" I'd say he was another Hollywood pedophile. Who thinks up jokes about raping kids in the ass?

Are you not familiar with the setup of the aristocrats joke? It’s supposed to be the most vulgar, offensive joke there is.

Comedians push boundaries. That doesn’t make them a pedophile.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Are you not familiar with the setup of the aristocrats joke? It’s supposed to be the most vulgar, offensive joke there is.

Comedians push boundaries. That doesn’t make them a pedophile.

No excuse. I don't even want to repeat what he said. Sick people do stuff like that. How would a non pedo even know that could happen?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Guess I feel comedy is the last bastion of free-expression and free-speech.  Kind of surprised you're taking such a strong stance against certain words.  To each their own.

My favorite take on the joke

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

With someone who is convinced they're going to be rounded up and thrown into a concentration camp for wrong think, it's pretty rich. And not surprising.

RIP Bob.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Take off the foil hat. Bob's jokes were hilarious, especially if you only knew him from Full House prior, like I did. Next you"re going to tell me Dave Chapelle is racist and transphobic.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Guess I feel comedy is the last bastion of free-expression and free-speech.  Kind of surprised you're taking such a strong stance against certain words.  To each their own.

My favorite take on the joke

Gilbert Gottfried also has a good delivery of this joke.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I didn't care for his stand up, but America's funniest home videos was popular in my house growing up...my kids LOVE full house, many years after it originally aired

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Take off the foil hat. Bob's jokes were hilarious, especially if you only knew him from Full House prior, like I did. Next you"re going to tell me Dave Chapelle is racist and transphobic.

According to modern definitions Chapelle would probably be a "racist" but of course that is meaningless today.

Having sex with kids on the other hand is less of a grey area. You can joke about it like Chris Rock and his molesting uncles, but you don't really go into endless graphic detail because who wants to listen to that? Who thinks it is funny to accurately describe a predatorial attack down the finest details? Who even thinks about these things?

With someone who is convinced they're going to be rounded up and thrown into a concentration camp for wrong think, it's pretty rich. And not surprising.

How is this rich? I talk about things you think is crazy all the time. With reason you would call me a nut and not be wrong.

At the same time Saget and his crew just loves to constantly talk about fucking children. What conclusion should we draw from that?

Board footer