You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: Guns n Roses=a joke

DtM51 wrote:

It is so sad to see a band that is loved by so many, that has so many good songs in such a small catalogue of music, continue to not release music. Yes we got Absurd and Hard Skool, both of which I really like, but it seems like that’s it? Every 6 months we get a member saying some bullshit about new music and get nothing. We all know there are songs done, songs redone, and songs that probably got finished that we have no clue about.
Ok so we didn’t get an album, so far no songs either. What really makes this band a joke though? THE FUCKING MANAGEMENT! No updates on the box set, no updates on music, no interaction at all with the fans. A complete and utter joke.

If the reason we can’t get new music is because of Slash and Duff re joining and the ‘instability’ of trying to write/record/re-record new music and RELEASE it… than I am 100% with Chris Pittman and say fuck the oldies band. Release CD2 as it was or continue on with your boring nostalgia bullshit tour going on it’s 6th year?? Even the band looks bored to death on stage! Maybe just let us fans in on what’s going on..’hey GnR fans, we are trying to get an album out mid September 2022!’ ‘There are delays on the box set, we don’t know when that will be coming but you can expect a digital release by…’ something, anything, we as fans are sick of being ignored.

Sincerely,
Just about every fucking fan of this band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have no basis for this really, but my guess is they will drip feed us a couple of new songs every time we're close to rebellion and assuming nothing has upset things each time.

In between they spin us along with the odd cover change up, or mixing up some of the old songs a touch.

I think it's that they don't have a lot of fresh stuff so they milk it to maximise the return. It's annoying but smart if you are them.

So like reunion was 2-3 years. Then gets old so add in the Shadow of Your Love era and a few covers. Do that another year or two. Add in Absurd/Hardschool. Do that a year. Change up some new covers Ac/Dc etc. Give it another year it will be stale enough and they will probably drop another 1 pr 2 songs to mix it up.

This way you can spin the 8 or 9 finished songs you have into a decade of touring then retire, especially if you mix in the odd anniversary or greatest hits type sequence here and there on occasions.

Now that Axl has vocal problems I feel like the rest of this tour will be damage control mode, new stuff next year. But I say this sort of thing every year. I start to worry old age will get us before we hear this fucking thing.

Only thing in your post I would disagree with is that it has anything to do with Slash and Duff rejoining. Slash has put out NINE full non-GNR records and countless guest appearances since he originally left GNR. Duff isn't a guy that's going to get in the way of putting out a record. Their presence on a record, as members of the classic GNR line up, would only encourage a label to support a release not detract from it. It's not them.

Also, not shitting on Axl...but being real....one thing or another be it fair or unfair, legal or the industry or him or whoever....but he has been finding it a process to put out material since at least 1999 if not earlier. Sometimes he does, like 2008 and recently with Absurd or whatever....and thank fuck for that cos I love his songs...but yeah...it's not like Slash is holding up the release.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

About time the original 5 member had a few jams IMO.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

As time goes on it becomes more and more obvious  GN'R started being run like shit after Axl Rose became the boss. He's the boss but he doesn't want to lead. His reputation so volatile that the only people who suffer working for him are yes men afraid to make even the mildest of unsolicited suggestions.

We were expecting things to be different when Slash and Duff returned. Finally real members of the band who don't need to grovel in Axl's presence. But of course they are the yes men of the old band. If Matt was let back in he would be fired in 5 minutes after telling Axl some truth.

There was this billionaire once who gave away all his money and became a monk or something. Most people wouldn't do that but you can understand why he did it. A lot of pressure, responsibility and fear with all that money. Probably his entire waking day was spent managing all that wealth. He just wanted rid of it and live a quiet life. Everybody has moments where a little peace and quiet can be the most priceless thing in the world. Even with somebody like Jeffrey Dahmer, while you can't understand his desire to kill and eat young boys and have sex with their corpses, once that desire is established his actions make perfect sense.

With Axl nothing ever makes any sense. He comes back on stage after a decade without doing any warm up for the gigs. He shows up at the VMA, his big fucking comeback moment, and as a seasoned performer manages to become gassed after 30 seconds despite having a great voice at the time. Then, after loitering and not running his band for a few years his new lead guitar player says fuck it and quits. But what do you know, just in time for another comeback attempt his old original guitarist comes to his door begging to come back. That old original guitarist who quit on you and who you were desperate to get back in the band, that guy is at your door right now and he is begging to come back in the band. What do you do?

Okay I get it you want to succeed on your own and you're still assmad about your former guitarist, but what about 6 months later when your other guitarist has also quit, the tour tanked and the album still in limbo, what do you do then? Call DJ Ashba.

DtM51

DtM51 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Only thing in your post I would disagree with is that it has anything to do with Slash and Duff rejoining. Slash has put out NINE full non-GNR records and countless guest appearances since he originally left GNR. Duff isn't a guy that's going to get in the way of putting out a record. Their presence on a record, as members of the classic GNR line up, would only encourage a label to support a release not detract from it. It's not them.

I know it’s not them, what I meant is that essentially writing/recording/re recording and talking about getting it out there is impossible because like Matt Sorum Eluded to ‘they’re walking on eggshells’. So it’s entirely on Axl I agree. I can’t imagine Axl trying to tell Slash ‘re do that solo I don’t like it’ but you know that’s probably happening to some degree because the album was finished already! And as Axl said at China Exchange ‘I was a big fan of the old lineup’ speaking of the last iteration before the reunion. I also remember Alan Niven speaking about how Slash and Duff were annoyed at recording Axle Chinese leftovers or something like that… this is all so strange. I still wonder what prompted this whole reunion. Did Ron and Tommy leave to make room for Slash and Duff? Did they quit and leave Axl with no other option but to reunite? Weather or not money was the main driving force to get it going, it surely is the only thing that’s keeping it going now.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
DtM51 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know it’s not them, what I meant is that essentially writing/recording/re recording and talking about getting it out there is impossible because like Matt Sorum Eluded to ‘they’re walking on eggshells’. So it’s entirely on Axl I agree. I can’t imagine Axl trying to tell Slash ‘re do that solo I don’t like it’ but you know that’s probably happening to some degree because the album was finished already! And as Axl said at China Exchange ‘I was a big fan of the old lineup’ speaking of the last iteration before the reunion. I also remember Alan Niven speaking about how Slash and Duff were annoyed at recording Axle Chinese leftovers or something like that… this is all so strange. I still wonder what prompted this whole reunion. Did Ron and Tommy leave to make room for Slash and Duff? Did they quit and leave Axl with no other option but to reunite? Weather or not money was the main driving force to get it going, it surely is the only thing that’s keeping it going now.

According to Downzy at Mygnr (who has had contact with the GNR camp), as of July 2015 Axl and Pitman were working on CD 2 every day, there was still tension with Slash even though they had spoken and a reunion was not on the cards until DJ quit. As for what prompted that, the rumor is (this part not from Downzy) that Nikki Sixx made DJ choose between Sixx AM and GNR, and DJ chose Sixx AM so he could play his own songs. I assume DJ's part on CD 2 was going to be to add a lick here and there, like Slash with Absurd, and he just wasn't interested. He had talked nonstop about all the demos he had written for GNR, which apparently Axl had done absolutely nothing with, which was surely embarrassing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axl said at China Exchange ‘I was a big fan of the old lineup’ speaking of the last iteration before the reunion

Why? They didn't do anything!!!

Was a second rate Slash clone impressive? Was Fortus strumming a guitar buried in the mix amazing?

He was just trying to justify the lineups existence. It was a complete waste of time.

I still wonder what prompted this whole reunion

There was no point in continuing the CD era. None. Even hardcore fans couldn't come up with a reason to keep it going. It was a road that led nowhere.

Had the band actually released something 2009-14, even just a song here and there... you might could make a case to keep the status quo.

We know from his ex tour manager that he had reunion on the brain in 2011-12 but he wasn't ready yet. IMO he was ready but he didn't want to be the one who caves in....so two extra years get wasted.

what do you do then? Call DJ Ashba

He couldn't even be bothered to do that...Ashba's hiring was all TB.

We were expecting things to be different when Slash and Duff returned. Finally real members of the band who don't need to grovel in Axl's presence

Yeah... it's a reunion on the surface to sell tickets but it's really just a continuation of the Chinese years.

Matt was let back in he would be fired in 5 minutes after telling Axl some truth.

No...he would fall in line just like the rest of them. I think it becomes obvious the nanosecond you walk in the door that the dynamic is dysfunctional amateur hour...the blind leading the blind...and it's best to just cash the checks and keep your mouth shut... because no matter what you say or do, nothing changes.

I think Ron also figured this out fairly early.

talking about getting it out there is impossible because like Matt Sorum Eluded to ‘they’re walking on eggshells

A BIG part of this is....

. What really makes this band a joke though? THE FUCKING MANAGEMENT! No updates on the box set, no updates on music, no interaction at all with the fans. A complete and utter joke.

There's no one competent at the wheel. Nothing substantial can ever happen and when something does happen, it's amateurish and incompetent. Not only do they have difficulty releasing singles properly, they're always 1-2 years off on anniversaries. You couldn't fuck up more if you tried.

Even just a run of the mill incompetent manager would accidentally get things right sometimes. They don't. It's so bad that the manager even admitted he didn't know what he was doing when Hardschool was being released.

I've said it many times but it's not a coincidence that the only time in the 21st century the band released an album was that small window of time they had a real manager...and nothing else after he was fired.

We'll be damn lucky to get an actual album. Best case scenario is probably a few singles dispersed over the next couple years.

Same with the box set...

And we're never getting The Perfect Crime. There's no one in the GNR camp capable of tackling a project of such magnitude.

Their peers like Metallica probably laugh their asses off when they see how this is run.

DtM51

DtM51 wrote:

The only reason Team Brazil is the ‘management’ for Guns, is because they will do whatever the fuck Axl tells them to do or not do.
Axl is essentially the manager of GnR

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wouldn’t want to be his manager

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

It's just status quo as far as I'm concerned

What did Tommy says years and years ago?

If ur holding ur breath don't, go live ur life lol...something like that

Board footer