You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Should “Ain’t it Fun” have been on the UYIs?

polluxlm wrote:

No, I like Spaghetti and think the song fits well on there. On UYI it would be out of place.

It's a fantastic song though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I love TSI too. But I think because most casuals didn’t rate it, the almighty Ain’t It Fun got lost on that album. I think it would’ve definitely benefited from being on UYI instead.

Sky Dog wrote:

UYI 2 specifically…replace either My World, Shotgun Blues, or Get In The Ring….or just take all 3 off!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I love TSI too. But I think because most casuals didn’t rate it, the almighty Ain’t It Fun got lost on that album. I think it would’ve definitely benefited from being on UYI instead.

All Ain't It Fun needed was a video.... maybe one like Yesterdays or Garden of Eden.

The problem is the band basically abandoned it to its fate. No promotion, no shows promoting it, and that quickly thrown together SIDHY video.

All I remember is the Slash interview talking about the album.

I also remember rock radio stations not knowing which song to push so they briefly pushed several... especially Hair of the Dog.

The band certainly deserved a break after that insane UYI tour but maybe Slash was right in hindsight.... should've went on a club tour to promote it. Doing so might have altered the timeline.

Board footer