You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Using AI to give Axl Rose´s voice back

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Otis Redding

Near the top of my list.

They have a perfect starting point.... finishing this song....

I'd also place Roy Orbison on my list. His comeback had just begun when he died. They said how happy he was to finally be back...and then it's over.

Jeff Lynne never got over his death. Let him write the songs and produce it.

Speaking of those two....how about a proper followup to that Traveling Wilburys album? Loved that album....

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James wrote:

I'd also place Roy Orbison on my list. His comeback had just begun when he died. They said how happy he was to finally be back...and then it's over.

Jeff Lynne never got over his death. Let him write the songs and produce it.

Speaking of those two....how about a proper followup to that Traveling Wilburys album? Loved that album....

Orbison is one of my favorites. Would be glad to see AI new music for him. He had the GOAT voice and pretty great songwriting too.

James

James wrote:

Kinda wacky....

It's obviously some sort of effect added to Fogerty's vocals....not an actual AI. It does show the potential though.

I know a CCR song a young Axl would've kicked ass on.....

Hey Tonight

Or how about....

Fortunate Son

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Kinda wacky....

It's obviously some sort of effect added to Fogerty's vocals....not an actual AI. It does show the potential though.

I know a CCR song a young Axl would've kicked ass on.....

Hey Tonight

Or how about....

Fortunate Son

[/embed]

Someone hurry up and put him on Contraband and we can all be happy.

James

James wrote:

I'd rather hear him on It's Five O Clock Somewhere than Contraband.

While it's possible Contraband could've been a GNR album in the 2000s, Slash walking away is the only thing that prevented that Snakepit material from being on the next GNR album.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

While it's possible Contraband could've been a GNR album in the 2000s, Slash walking away is the only thing that prevented that Snakepit material from being on the next GNR album.

Axl AND Duff prevented it from being a GnR album. Duff says so in his book. It wasn’t Slash walking away, he brought the material to the other two partners and two partners said no.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm all in favor of using AI to give us more GN'R music with Axl's classic voice, especially new songs/albums in the future. He had one of the coolest voices ever until it slipped away in his later years. I'm not even against having a backing track for him in concerts. If Slash/Duff and others are doing a good job playing live instruments, I think the audience deserves to hear a strong voice from Axl instead of the Mickey Mouse one.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Axl AND Duff prevented it from being a GnR album. Duff says so in his book. It wasn’t Slash walking away, he brought the material to the other two partners and two partners said no.

Yeah....and then he walked away... quickly threw a band together and recorded the album....then Axl all of a sudden wanted the material brought back.

Too late.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

https://youtu.be/4ePkz6tF928

Also it's not an effect on the voice. It's AI generated vocals based on a model of Axl's voice.

And it will only sound better and closer to the real thing as time goes on

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I think the main problem with that song is not the voice, but Eric Dover's way of using his voice. He's got good pipes but he lacks the Axl factor on how exactly to make it sound special. On this song the AI can replicate the sound of Axl but not the dynamics if that is the right word.

Question is if the AI will ever be able to replicate subtle things like that.

Board footer