You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Cooking

polluxlm wrote:

My skills are limited so I fear I've taken water over my head with this recipe:

Finally I got all the ingredients in the pan, cooked on medium for at least 30 minutes and now I have to wait 90 more minutes on low heat. It's already 11pm lol!

Smells pretty good though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm a pretty late eater as well. It's not very healthy but old habits die hard.

Sometimes I'm barbecuing at that hour...been doing it a lot lately. Hamburgers..hot dogs... knockwurst... sometimes chicken.

I cook amazing little homemade pizzas using yeast rolls.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

How do you make a pizza out of those?

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

How do you make a pizza out of those?

Just buy a bag of the frozen yeast rolls, thaw em out, let em rise, and then roll them out individually.

Then put tomato paste, oregano, hamburger or pepperoni, olives, and mozzarella or extra sharp, and bake for 15 minutes.

After they're done I sometimes put chilled avocado slices on top.

Yummy

Edit

If you don't want to hassle with those rolls, a quicker and almost as good alternative is using English muffins.... preferably Bay muffins.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Don't follow the recipe in the video. It is the most tasteless shit I've had in my life. I feel cheated.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Don't follow the recipe in the video. It is the most tasteless shit I've had in my life. I feel cheated.

I'm having olive loaf sandwiches and BBQ Fritos for dinner tonight.

Probably a couple banana ice cream cones for dessert.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Someone recently gifted me a pellet grill and I feel retarded for waiting SOOO long to get into it. I always felt there would be a steep learning curve but a pellet grill is literally plug and play….

Been fun cooking stuff that wouldn’t have worked on a skillet.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I recently picked up a pellet smoker so thats my latest project...it works pretty good

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I've tried five or so "advanced recipes" in the last year. Of those one have been successful. A lot of that is down to taste I think.

This is called a Cuban Sandwich. It's a bit expensive for one person because of the pulled pork, but if you are making it for several it will not cost all that much.

Bread
Cheese
Onions (Pickles is part of the original recipe, but I find they are much too prominent for my taste. Instead I put a pickle on the side)
Smoked ham
Mayo
Mustard
Cayenne pepper
Pulled pork

You can use different bread but for me the best results have been with a simple store bought baguette. Too much bread will make it difficult for you to melt the cheese later. The half size ones are best because you have to do the finish on them with a panini press or some such. You can also use a frying pan for the same purpose. Just press it down with something, then turn until the cheese is melted.

I start by putting the baguettes (or flutes) in the oven for 10 minutes. After they are done let them cool, then later cut them in half. When the oven is free I start to cook the pulled pork. 30 minutes. While that is going on I start to prepare the other stuff.

Mix two tablespoons of mayo with two tablespoons of mustard (I recommend the sweeter type). Add cayenne pepper to that, however much you feel like. Then you apply this sauce to both sides of the bread. Put a slice of cheese and a slice of ham on each bread. You can do one side or both. Cut up your onions and put them on the bread that will sit at the bottom of the sandwich (or pickles if that's your thing). When the pulled pork is done you apply that to the bottom bread as well, then you put on the top and squeeze them together. After that it goes in the panini press for about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted, and then you are ready to go.

If you like pork products this is just amazing.

James

James wrote:

Im eating knockwurst with mustard and sauerkraut for lunch...while watching the Perhaps video for about the 5th time.

Board footer