You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: Cooking

exoterica wrote:

I've done pickles, kraut, and pie dough the past couple of weeks. I just brewed my first batch of kombucha. It'll be ready in 10 days. I think I'll plan on doing pickles and kombucha every weekend and practice recent dishes until I feel like I've got them down.

Pizza dough and bread is next.

Let's go, Dead Band Forum. Post the goods.

herahex772
 Rep: 0 

herahex772 wrote:

Is there anyone here who enjoys baking bread, crafting pie crusts, or whipping up homemade bryllupskaker or pizzas? I personally struggle with these skills and feel a bit apprehensive about diving into practice.

I plan to give kombucha brewing a try next, and then I'll attempt some sourdough for my family.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

herahex772 wrote:

Is there anyone here who enjoys baking bread, crafting pie crusts, or whipping up homemade pizzas? I personally struggle with these skills and feel a bit apprehensive about diving into practice.

I plan to give kombucha brewing a try next, and then I'll attempt some sourdough for my family.

Love making pizza from scratch, the dough is alot easier than you would think. I cant do it too often though as I would be a right fat fuck

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Spam bots are really improving. Kinda scary actually. They read us talking about homemade pizza and then post here like a normal person.

I'll be having mortadella sandwiches for lunch and I'm going to make BBQ hamburgers for dinner. I found a new sauce that is killer....

Original_PintFront_550x.jpg

shutout52

shutout52 wrote:

My wife says I make the best fried chicken she's ever had. It's essentially Michael Ruhlman's recipe.

Use only boneless skinless chicken thighs. They have become my go-to for ALL things chicken. Chicken breast sucks. I try to avoid it at all costs as it has a severe lack of flavor.

We're pan-frying these, so heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. On my home stove, that's about a 6 out of 10. Canola, peanut, or corn is your best bet. Keep it neutral. Test to make sure it's ready by sprinkling a little flour in and seeing it if bubbles, or look for little swirls in the oil.

Let the chicken come to room temperature. Mix up some seasoned flour (any herbs and spices that you like; I tend to use smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic, rosemary, Vietnamese cinnamon, and a little salt-- don't get too heavy-handed on the salt though, it's just an agent to help bring out the flavors and too much will kill it), put some in a bag but most of it in a bowl.  In another bowl mix 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream.

Toss the chicken thighs in the bag with some seasoned flour and shake to coat them.  Dip in the milk/yogurt mix, then into the bowl of seasoned flour.  Put in the oil and don't move it until the batter coating sets nicely. Once it does, flip it over, and just make sure it evenly cooks on both sides. You can flip a few times if necessary, it doesn't negatively affect it from my experiences the way that flipping burgers and steaks too much can. The most important part is making sure that batter is set first, otherwise you'll have it come off in the middle of your flip.

Check that it has an interior temp of 165 F or higher (if you don't have an instant-read thermometer, GET ONE NOW!), and remove. Let them drain a bit on paper towels.

Got leftover flour and milk-yogurt mix? Mix them together and fry up some fritters with it on the side.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Iv'e moved onto chicken breasts for grilled chicken wraps, curry ect as i'm trying to get in shape again. Thighs have a lot more flavour though for sure. Making up for it with a lot of different spice's though. I'd forgotten it's possible to eat healthy and for it to actually be nice.

NormanSmart

NormanSmart wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Iv'e moved onto chicken breasts for grilled chicken wraps, curry ect as i'm trying to get in shape again. Thighs have a lot more flavour though for sure. Making up for it with a lot of find legal steroids at GNC different spice's though. I'd forgotten it's possible to eat healthy and for it to actually be nice.

Chicken breast can be healthy eating, if it is cooked in a healthy way.
Like olive oil, veggies use to make it.

Board footer