You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gaboleox
 Rep: 0 

Re: Shallow

Gaboleox wrote:
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

What the fuck is it?!? 18

It vaguely sounds like GNR...the low quality works in its favor on this issue.

It also sounds familiar. Was this passed off as a leak years ago?

If it's not GNR... and it's probably not...I'd like to know who it really is.

When I get home tomorrow I'm gonna give it a spin on my stereo. I can't listen to it loud enough here.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

This pops up every now and then but I have never heard it titled Shallow before. I'm not convinced it's real however if it is then I think it could be Wes and Axl. I think its a sound alike though.

This is taken from the description of an older upload of the song 2 years ago

Sorry for bad audio, the original was in really terrible condition....It should be a live recording bootleg at The Troubadour - West Hollywood summer 1985 not during the concert but live recording anyway. I tried to improve the audio quality as best I could. Guns n' Roses Bootleg very rare unreleased material - unknown song

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I remember that was floating around about 2 years ago with another leak under the title "They Forgot the Dump Button" implying someone had dumped it from a PA at a rehersal space or live venue.

I'd not seen it called Shallow either - but I think it's a great song for Axl - that melodying "la le dah" bit in the middle reminds me of some of the sort of retro sounding stuff like "too fast too soon" they used to play around with.

I hope they make it  if it is theres - it's quite a haunting melody.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Gaboleox wrote:

I saw you ask on reddit too. Try asking on Mygnrforum, either Soulmonster or Blackstar may know about it

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

If this is a GNR demo, should be recorded and released immediately.

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I like It so much. They should release it

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This is not Axl singing.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

I dunno- sounds like Axl to me; maybe working on his lower register after the Hollywood rose stuff?  The acoustic guitar part sounds very reminisant of the guitar version of November Rain.  Seems odd that stuff like this is still showing up.  Maybe there was more stuff laying around from that era that they didnt put out on the AFD box.

Sky Dog wrote:

Agree on tha acoustic guitar sound…very similar

Board footer