You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events...

slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

The news out of Maui is a fucking tragedy.

So many awesome historic places just gone. The city-block-long Banyan tree might not survive.

Mick Fleetwood’s restaurant, which was a cool Fleetwood Mac museum with vintage photos and instruments, is ash.

Fucking hell.

Basically an entire main town, Lahaina, just got wiped out and destroyed by those fires.  Like, it doesn't exist anymore, just rubble.  And a lot of those residents whose homes got destroyed need help.  A lot of those people are working class/and just get by.  So it's double devastating for those people.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Lahaina was so cool. I can’t ever imagine going back.

I don’t even know if the church we went to is still there. The Baldwin House is absolutely gone.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There was footage of people driving in the streets and there were dead bodies just lying there. Awful

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
misterID wrote:

There was footage of people driving in the streets and there were dead bodies just lying there. Awful

Fuck, man. I can’t even imagine.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't they have fire departements in Maui? That shouldn't be possible for a town to burn down like that.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There’s a weird vegetation there that’s not native to the island that’s highly flammable. It’s been dry and windy so it was just the right ingredients for this

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They're doing that eucalyptus shit in Greece too. California is also big in that.

Still, a city should not burn down by accident in this day and age.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The winds off the hurricane were crazy. It was just the most awful set of circumstances where everything lined up perfectly

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not turning on those sirens was a colossal and tragic fuck up.

Someone should go to prison for it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Also not turning off the power which caused transformers to explode

Board footer