You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

Wait...what?

Are you insinuating they might have cannibalized The General to create the title track intro?

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I don't buy that.

The locker leaks showed they were messing around with the pre-CD intro.

If you believe Marc Canter and others, Chinese was always TWAT, IRS, The Blues, some B-sides and always ended with Prostitute.

Who has the rear cover to this supposedly fake cover?

chinese+democracy.png

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
James wrote:

Wait...what?

Are you insinuating they might have cannibalized The General to create the title track intro?

No, Included bits of it or made an intro sounding similar to as foreshadowing

James

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James wrote:

Wait...what?

Now that you mention it...it does seem like the CD intro could've been an interlude between CD and The General.

Wouldn't it be funny if all the wacky intros on the album were initially supposed to be interludes but we're edited down some except for the title track?

Anyone got any of those supposedly fake tracklists/album covers from the 2000s? I wonder if any of them had the two songs together in the sequence?

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:
James wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James wrote:

Wait...what?

Now that you mention it...it does seem like the CD intro could've been an interlude between CD and The General.

Wouldn't it be funny if all the wacky intros on the album were initially supposed to be interludes but we're edited down some except for the title track?

Anyone got any of those supposedly fake tracklists/album covers from the 2000s? I wonder if any of them had the two songs together in the sequence?

I been thinking the same for a while

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James wrote:

Wait...what?

Here is one. They got quite a bit correct for 2006:

https://guns.blogia.com/2006/111602-pos … ocracy.php

From 2007, an early use of the bike photo. They got the basic layout (text on the side) and font color right:

https://guns.blogia.com/2007/050501-fil … eible-.php

It looks like this page had (fake) cover art. Did anyone save these?

https://guns.blogia.com/2007/051401-el-cd-.php

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Get these abstract, mood-setting instrumentals out there to bookend and support the more traditional songs. They are equally amazing.

The instrumental part of the General, like the first two minutes where it's just symphonic yeah it's motion picture worthy.  I was listening to just that part and was like damn this belongs in a movie.

Somebody mentioned a comparison to Estranged (about the General) and it's far too creative/strange (in a good way) that I don't see it.  The entire snippet had a surreal, dream like quality to it.   I can't quite fully describe it.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Here is one. They got quite a bit correct for 2006:

https://guns.blogia.com/2006/111602-pos … ocracy.php

From 2007, an early use of the bike photo. They got the basic layout (text on the side) and font color right:

https://guns.blogia.com/2007/050501-fil … eible-.php

Ha! I know what influenced that tracklist...that mention back then(forgot where. Splat?) that the album would have 13 songs.

That contains the worst fake song title ever.

If any lurkers have those album covers/tracklists/credits from 2000-05....please join and post them.

All that stuff is slipping through the cracks of history.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Get these abstract, mood-setting instrumentals out there to bookend and support the more traditional songs. They are equally amazing.

The instrumental part of the General, like the first two minutes where it's just symphonic yeah it's motion picture worthy.  I was listening to just that part and was like damn this belongs in a movie.

Somebody mentioned a comparison to Estranged (about the General) and it's far too creative/strange (in a good way) that I don't see it.  The entire snippet had a surreal, dream like quality to it.   I can't quite fully describe it.

“Motion picture worthy” is exactly right.

Axl doesn’t need three CDs to accomplish that. Just treat each individual album as an epic story which can be told in short or long pieces of music.

The storage locker CDs are stronger for including jams and interludes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Thyme seems it could be an interlude for The General

Board footer