You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:

The General was a working title from Brain/Bucket that simply stuck. I doubt it's mentioned in the song.

There's a handful of GNR songs where the song titles are not in the lyrics... Estranged the big example.

For the love of God don't let it be State of Grace. 18

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

The General was a working title from Brain/Bucket that simply stuck. I doubt it's mentioned in the song.

There's a handful of GNR songs where the song titles are not in the lyrics... Estranged the big example.

Fernando called The General a monster on Reddit. He knows all the hardcores have heard the Village leaks, and he certainly knows the demand for The General. The guys a cunt but I don't think even he's that much a cunt to tease an unheard heavily anticipated track if he knows it's something we've actually heard already. That would be a new low.

James

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

Fernando called The General a monster on Reddit. He knows all the hardcores have heard the Village leaks, and he certainly knows the demand for The General. The guys a cunt but I don't think even he's that much a cunt to tease an unheard heavily anticipated track if he knows it's something we've actually heard already. That would be a new low.

Good point...but I'm not sure he would elaborate either way. It's not like there would be any consequences for stringing us along.

I did like how he hyped it one final time.

Instead of referring to it as a monster, he should've used one of the descriptions used back in the day as a throwback...

Earth shattering

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

My hope is music we’ve not heard before with as little new stuff from Duff and Slash as possible.

They are great but so far their contributions haven’t fit well at all. Give us the original vision.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

In case anyone wants to feel old, someone born during the 2002 VMAs when most of us were introduced to Nu-Guns, is now able to legally buy booze in the US and buy a handgun.

That's frightening.

My mind was blown a few days ago when I saw it mentioned that it's the 30 year anniversary of Nirvana's In Utero.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

We'll see.

And while "Prostitute" was a little less fire than I would've wanted, I love that track. It's 100% the direction they should've ran with, unfortunately we only got scraps of what could've been.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

And while "Prostitute" was a little less fire than I would've wanted, I love that track. It's 100% the direction they should've ran with, unfortunately we only got scraps of what could've been.

I've been listening to the locker leaks and that song I've gained a better appreciation for.  I just love the "soundscape" aspect of it.  It's a deep cut and not really accesible to casuals.

Oh listening to all it (locker leaks + leftovers that have been released) I would say one of the main issues with most of the songs are a lack of catchy choruses.  Lofton, sort of brought it up with Perhaps and then I sort of paid attention to most of the other finished songs and they really do lack "catchiness".  Add in the garbage production (from the 2008 release) and it's easy to see why the "no hits" thing was projected.  I will say though some of the music and lyrics on some of these songs are strong enough where the chorus issue doesn't matter.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:
James wrote:

It still makes no sense why it’s not getting a bigger release

Sky Dog wrote:

Do we think it will actually be released digitally? Has that been confirmed?

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Do we think it will actually be released digitally? Has that been confirmed?

They will have shattered all incompetency records if it's only released on vinyl.

If it only gets a vinyl release, the song instantly dies on the vine while hardcore fans get a vinyl rip almost instantly.

While it does seem like they're going to let The General fly under the radar...that's going too far.

Board footer