You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General confirmed next

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If it takes 7 years to tart up some old nu gnr tracks then we'll all be dead by the time new new music comes out

Unfortunately this is what it all boils down to.

While I'm happy to finally get The General, this would be a helluva lot more exciting if this was happening in 2016-17 when it should have.

The fan base could swallow his comments a lot easier as well.

They wait until the last minute to insinuate they might get productive...but we're at the two minute warning. Better late than never...but I have to see action before I believe.

This is an actual comment from GNR Reddit

There's no reason to waste time on the GNR sub on Reddit

It either has minions on staff trying to control the narrative or they're trying to pretend they're official so they can get backstage passes.

Either way...it's pointless.

James

James wrote:

I must have skimmed over that first line...

We’ve got a bunch of new songs.

Where have we heard this before?

Also...define "a bunch".

If you do have a bunch, why the drip feed?

The hardcore base isn't falling for this again. It's too late in the game for another long drawn out Scooby Doo mystery.

Just let us buy The General, one more drip feed after that...which falls in line with what Slash said. After that, if it's remotely possible, quietly go into the studio and do what the 80 year old Stones just did. We don't need to hear about it until it's finished and on the launch pad.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

They wait until the last minute to insinuate they might get productive...but we're at the two minute warning. Better late than never...but I have to see action before I believe.

I'm skeptical for a variety of reasons on new music, not the Chinese leftovers stuff.  Slash and Axl couldn't get along the last time they tried this almost 30 years ago, and I'm not sure much has changed. 

The Chinese stuff is diferent because for more or less the song is finshed and the other two guys just add in whatever they want.  There's no creative collaboration as there is in new music.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm skeptical for a variety of reasons on new music, not the Chinese leftovers stuff.  Slash and Axl couldn't get along the last time they tried this almost 30 years ago, and I'm not sure much has changed. 

The Chinese stuff is diferent because for more or less the song is finshed and the other two guys just add in whatever they want.  There's no creative collaboration as there is in new music.

I think they could probably all go into a studio and do an album. I just don't think they're really going to do it. There's zero signs Axl is interested in doing something new.  If there was, it would've happened before now.

Look how long it took them to unload CD II tracks.

Maybe he gets a creative spark...or they want one final album...they certainly need one.

I just can't picture it happening. There's the reason you brought up... tensions could flare up. but I think they keep that to a minimum due to how GNR is their cash cow. Hell...that might be why they don't do it.

I do wish he was motivated to do something.

Id like to see him tackle that instrumental album recorded when VR was just "The Project" with Izzy and they said it could've been a killer GNR album...or the so called "lost album" of 1996.

In a situation like that, he just has to go in and do lyrics...which he could get help with...and vocals.

A brand new album isn't impossible...it's just unlikely.

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind another cover album if they can't do anything from scratch.

They need one more album to bookend the legacy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

“We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music,” he says.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2tSxnwy/Dont-Believe.jpg

Lol

The weird thing about Axl is that he seems to to go through blocks or lack of motivation, and then it all comes on him at once. Remember his trip to China where he went to write lyrics? Pretty sure Better, Sorry, Shacklers came out of that trip, and no telling what else. The one constant that’s been repeated by members over the years was that there was definitely music being passed around. DJ said Axl had tracks on piano, which jives with Axl saying he was writing more on the piano. I don’t doubt there’s new music. That’s never been an issue. The issue was always releasing it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

This is an actual comment from GNR Reddit, on the possibility of The General getting a vinyl only release: "Why are people acting like they own the song and / or the song should be free? It has been in the making for yeeears, so go figure the pricetag. Aside from that, vinyl has been making a nice comeback over the past few years, lots of people like to collect it and many people will buy vinyl, no problem.

If you think it's not worth buying, you might never hear it. Just like you might never see the Mona Lisa if you don't want to buy a ticket to the Louvre."

I swear I hate this fanbase sometimes.

Jarmo/HTGTH 2.0

Absolutely getting something out of this from Fernando

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

On the positive side Fortus wouldn't be mentioning new music for no reason. He does put it at the end of a sentence there, not overselling it, so he's probably not thinking about anything concrete. But at least they're talking about it.

I can understand being cautious. If this is to be the last, career defining album, then it can't be shit.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

“We’re clearing things out — priming the pumps for things that have been around that we wanna get out and release before releasing new music,” he says.

Lol

The weird thing about Axl is that he seems to to go through blocks or lack of motivation, and then it all comes on him at once. Remember his trip to China where he went to write lyrics? Pretty sure Better, Sorry, Shacklers came out of that trip, and no telling what else. The one constant that’s been repeated by members over the years was that there was definitely music being passed around. DJ said Axl had tracks on piano, which jives with Axl saying he was writing more on the piano. I don’t doubt there’s new music. That’s never been an issue. The issue was always releasing it.

Yeah I do think he has written piano stuff (ouside of locker leak stuff), I'm working on a mix of some live stuff he has played I'm pretty sure is a song. I just don't see an album happening though, hope I'm wrong.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Lol

He might be more like Billy Joel than we thought. Supposedly Joel still did a bit of writing/playing piano he just never had intentions of recording/releasing it.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

On the positive side Fortus wouldn't be mentioning new music for no reason. He does put it at the end of a sentence there, not overselling it, so he's probably not thinking about anything concrete. But at least they're talking about it.

I can understand being cautious. If this is to be the last, career defining album, then it can't be shit.

This is really the last gasp of the fan base...hoping they are looking at the situation more as a historian and not as a member of a nostalgia act...

One final album to end it all and maybe even do like the Stones and bring it full circle by having Watts and Wyman(Adler and Izzy) on a couple songs.

Self titled album. Not In This Lifetime would've been great for either a new album, compilation, or live album/DVD.

Not anymore...they ran it into the ground plus it IS in this lifetime...seven years and counting of lifetime.

Crazy they missed the boat on that. Imagine the Eagles reuniting in 94 but not releasing Hell Freezes Over.

I don't even care what the album is...

CD II
covers
Brand new material

Or a combination of the above.

Just something. It should not end at TSI and CD.

Board footer