You are not logged in. Please register or login.

guts
 Rep: 1 

Re: The General confirmed next

guts wrote:

The clip above is not real

The instrumental is the evader mix and Dustin added his own vocals to it

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

After listening to it about 15 times on a loop...

It's garbage.

He does deserve brownie points for going the extra mile to make it seem real.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Dustin Bones isn't trying to fool anybody. His account has been blatant parody from the very beginning.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Evaders clip with some overdubs. Pretty funny and actually somewhat inspired though.

I hope this song is good. And comes out soon. Probably won't but I'm allowed to be impatient.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
James wrote:

It's garbage.

Just checking in to see who gets the brownie points - is it the guy whose clip was ruined or the guy who ruined it?

Also, why did you torture yourself by listening to that shit 15 times in a loop?

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

lol

James

James wrote:
evader wrote:
James wrote:

It's garbage.

Just checking in to see who gets the brownie points - is it the guy whose clip was ruined or the guy who ruined it?

Also, why did you torture yourself by listening to that shit 15 times in a loop?

It's good to see you again.

Brownie points for the low quality. That was a pattern during recent leaks...shit quality clips/songs before the regular ones are leaked. It made it seem more legit.

While I heard a bunch of your stuff back in the day, I don't think I ever heard this infamous version of The General everyone talks about.

I listened on a loop to see if I could pick up on the vocals/lyrics...and yes it was awful. I played it really loud too. My neighbors probably think I'm even crazier than they did before yesterday.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

evader wrote:
James wrote:

It's garbage.

There's another version floating around out there somewhere that someone seems to have done that sounds like it's based off of yours. Either that or they were taking credit for an early version of your work.

I found an old EP of your stuff on my phone the other day called XMash, i think it was from the gnrtruth days. You gotta get back in the game Evader, show these AI using kids how it's done

James

James wrote:

He did some great mash ups back in the day.

That one MIA/GNR mashup (Bamboo Banga-CD?) might have went viral in that community but as it was getting some attention, the usual suspects nuked my 4shared account.

I should've immediately reupload it..but was too pissed to care at the time.

I had yet to reach the point...it would take a few years...to realize what they were doing was actually hilarious and pathetic and even more so knowing it was sanctioned by the GNR camp.

If I could go back, I would've saved screenshots of my YouTube account being nuked and more specifically the GNR copyright claims on M.I.A. songs, NIN Slip rehearsals, Buckethead, Soundgarden, etc and sent them out to various media outlets like Classic Rock(who Evo had worked with a year earlier) and outlets like LA Times, stereogum, etc who had used this site as a source before.

Unfortunately I don't remember a lot of details...it's all a blur at this point. I do know the Evo channel was 99% non-GNR videos. It's why it was so dumb to take it down...they really took a risk on that one.

They lucked into me being massively on drugs and not really caring much about it. We rarely used the channel.

I know Trent would've gotten a huge kick out of that. Cornell too.

I just let it die on the vine.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
James wrote:
evader wrote:
James wrote:

It's garbage.

It's good to see you again.

Brownie points for the low quality. That was a pattern during recent leaks...shit quality clips/songs before the regular ones are leaked. It made it seem more legit.

While I heard a bunch of your stuff back in the day, I don't think I ever heard this infamous version of The General everyone talks about.

I listened on a loop to see if I could pick up on the vocals/lyrics...and yes it was awful. I played it really loud too. My neighbors probably think I'm even crazier than they did before yesterday.

James, I have nothing but respect for you (and quite a few other regular posters on this board). So, I guess in an attempt to not lose any respect FROM you, I just wanted you to know that zero of the vocals in that clip you listened to 15 times were from me. Somebody recorded their own 'vocals' over a section of my work that had no vocals at all (guitar solo).
If you want my original garbage, just ask. Isolated stems available. Whatever it takes for brownie points.

Board footer