You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Atlas Shrugged (2023 ) - Rumour

Sky Dog wrote:

Monkey, I’m not buying this either.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

monkeychow wrote:

OMG is plausible given Axl already remade it once with bucket and it doesn't exist on a GNR record...I could see a Slash/Duff re-record of that.

But overall I don't buy this cos it seems to contradict slash's statements about the songs coming out as singles then hoping to head into the studio to begin something new.

With OMG i have never really thought we will see that with Slash and Duff in the band. There was a press release when it came out in 99. Didn't Axl say somthing like "Former members showed disinterest in it" or something like that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They did Silkworms which would probably fall even more so in that category.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Did any of you post this on reddit?
https://preview.redd.it/votb6cp5pnjb1.p … 4e621b9182
Seems to be from 4chan i'm assuming this is BS but thought i'd post it coz ... you never know.

As amazing as that would be...I have to call bullshit.

It makes the mistake many fakes/insiders have always made....in the attempt to appear legit, they oversell their story.

The big red flag is the hidden track.

Berlin 51 is also a stretch...this feels influenced by Zodiac 13...but there's a legit reason for that number. What the fuck does the number 51 have to do with Berlin?!?

The inclusion of OMG is actually the most believable thing about the track list. The lyrics have been appearing on the screen for years on tour.

Hope it's true...but it's not.

ClaudeF wrote:

Skeleton? Check.

Guns? Picture is small but I can’t see any.

Roses? Check.

It is some kind if Grateful Dead thing being passed off as GNR.

Ha!

Touch of Grey.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Berlin 51 doesn't have any special significance that I know of. I don't think any important historical events are connected to that year. It would have to refer to something more personal. 

To me it suggest authenticity because why would anyone make that up? Atlas Shrugged as a title also feels from left field in that regard. The track list too has a good mix of expected and weird.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wait a minute...

I just realized that's not the cover for the single...it's the supposed album cover/title.

Yeah that's fishier than my grandma's mackerel patties.

While it's possible of course...the logical move at this point is either a self titled album or Not In This Lifetime.

That really is an odd track list...also don't like the inclusion of the unknown track. It also feels tacked on to appear legit.

OMG
Hard School
Atlas Shrugged
Perhaps
The General
Berlin 51
Seven
This Grave
Absurd
Thyme

We need a real update. Fernando should shoot this down if it's bullshit.

I hate giving fakes attention...but it has to be considered because there's so much smoke in the air.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Did any of you post this on reddit?
https://preview.redd.it/votb6cp5pnjb1.p … 4e621b9182
Seems to be from 4chan i'm assuming this is BS but thought i'd post it coz ... you never know.

I thought Thyme was a standalone piece attached to another song

And, again, if this was known there'd be a record of it somewhere

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:

I think this is the typical troll and there is no much to say, they want our attention but there is no album coming.
OMG has had an official release and Thyme as Sp1at said before is a piece connected to another track there is no evidence of any recording about It.
Berlin 51 seems to me the same as if I say Oklahoma 84 they only invent a number and that's all.
Atlas Shrugged as an album title It is not logical at all,  has never been mentioned by someone before and at this point if there was really an album, It would be self-titled or called NITL or Fn Back something like this I think, but yeah we can dream

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Kudos to whomever made that artwork, I like it. As an album title 'Stay of Execution' was probably my favourite name. God it would be great if they got an album out.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

And announce it at the Power Trip festival they are playing in October

Board footer