You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NFL 2023/24 season

James wrote:

I guess the big story of week 1 is Rodgers out for the year after playing about 5 seconds as a Jet.

That was a damn good game though.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Huge bummer I wanted to see what Rodgers could do with that defense.

Maybe next year

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

More importantly wtf happened to our fantasy league with the 2 qb/2 flex thing? Did I miss a league owners meeting?!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

More importantly wtf happened to our fantasy league with the 2 qb/2 flex thing? Did I miss a league owners meeting?!

We lost two teams and are down to only 8 this year, so I added those extra spots so the FA list wasn’t too loaded. Instead our benches are more loaded. Had to scramble last minute and that’s the best I could come up with. League used to be 12 teams, I think we may have even had 14 one year. And then, there were 8.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Faldor you will stop at nothing to take down the champ! lol

James

James wrote:

God the Bears suck. Just a horribly inept team top to bottom. They're what the Detroit Lions were in the 90s and 2000s. Awful.

Dolphins score 70 points...most in a game in like 60 years. Crazy.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

God the Bears suck. Just a horribly inept team top to bottom. They're what the Detroit Lions were in the 90s and 2000s. Awful.

Dolphins score 70 points...most in a game in like 60 years. Crazy.

Your point about the bears is well taken.

Once it gets this bad, how do you even begin to turn it around.

You can see it in the way they play…they don’t even believe it can be fixed.

James

James wrote:

Fields doesn't deserve to be another Barry Sanders type who wastes his career in the cellar of the NFL.

He should give Chicago one, maybe two more years tops to turn it around and then demand to be let go/traded.

He's really good...the potential for greatness is there. Use it or lose it...and he will lose it in Chicago.

It's just a rotten organization through and through and yeah...the players know too.

It's such a shame. It's a legendary, iconic team that the NFL could easily push if they were a consistent playoff team. Could be another Dallas with fans all across the country. Instead they're looked down on like garbage and barely get any games shown to a national audience.

Edit

I don't know if it can be fixed. Even coaching changes don't seem to move the needle.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Fieids only has 1 year left on his contract with the team option for 1 more…pretty standard for rookie contracts…team control for 4-5 years.

If you see the analysis of his play you’ll see that it appears his confidence is just destroyed. Indications of his decision making followed by hesitation…and then compounded mistakes

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Fields isn't long for CHI.  If they bottom out and get the first pick, it'll be some USC QB who is supposedly a "generational" QB.  Everyone's racing to the bottom for that guy.  Bears are one of the few winless teams.

If you're a Bears fan, cheer for them to lose every game or almost every one.  The coaching staff and Fields will be flushed and the GM shold be too.

Board footer