You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Claim About The Finished Album Sucking (Ross Halflin)

Backslash wrote:

I'm in a positive mood this morning, so maybe he overplayed it because he liked it so much and now he's sick of it?  Not plausible, but possible.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
war wrote:

plus, if this guy had it it would have leaked by now

He didn't leak Libertad.

I meant leaked by others along the way. You probably disagree but I really think Chinese Democracy is at a significantly higher risk of leaking than Libertad and if someone like this guy, who isn't in the gnr family or isn't an exec at the record company, was given access to a finished cd it would quickly be leaked by someone else before or after he got it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I'm in a positive mood this morning, so maybe he overplayed it because he liked it so much and now he's sick of it?  Not plausible, but possible.

he he - i was thinking the same thing yesterday. he never said it sucked, just that he couldn't get past the first two songs.

it's possible he meant that he loved the first two so much that he kept listening to them.
but not likely what he meant.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Or Halfin was in a pissy mood, and CD made him so happy he couldn't take it? 16

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

There's certainly something odd about this, he said the album was amazing only a few months back, now he couldn't get past 2 songs. Weird. My biggest concern is that he heard the leaks when he described it as amazing and now he does have a finished version it's nauseatingly over produced and not as good. I don't really care if he's heard or not, plenty of people have heard it, Baz said in a recent interview that loads of people have heard it so someone with Halfins connections I'm sure wouldn't have too much trouble getting to listen to it.

Listen to the first leak of better than the 2nd.
The first leak was amazing and the 2nd sucked ass. The 2nd had the kick taken out of it.
Same holds true for TWAT. The 2nd leak was great adn the 3rd leaked version sucked bc it had way too much going on.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

he he - i was thinking the same thing yesterday. he never said it sucked, just that he couldn't get past the first two songs.

it's possible he meant that he loved the first two so much that he kept listening to them.
but not likely what he meant.

Maybe his CD-R is damaged and won't play after the first two songs.  2

AtariLegend wrote:

He removed the line from his blog....

March 2

A half-empty flight to Los Angeles. I read the Sunday papers all about our brave warrior, Prince Harry, what a PR coup and what crap. Sleep most of the way, wake up over Idaho and Hot Springs Peak - Columbia Plateau.

As it's a new month here's a bit of what I've been reading and watching and listening to...

Jake Arnott - He Kills Coppers. Going to read this, this week. I have all his books and have only read The Long Firm, which I loved.

Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse. Another book I've had for ever, always start then never finish.

Music

The Mars Volta
    Eels - Blinking Lights
    Sly Stone - It's a Family Affair
    Megadeth - Train Of Consequences
    The Who - Magic Bus Denver 1970 Long version
    Led Zeppelin - Good Times Bad Times
    AC/DC - Shot Down In Flames
    Tesla - Hand Me Down World

Enjoyed the film Warlords. The female lead was beautiful in a plain way. Nanking - The Documentary. Something to cheer up any evening. I gave it to Kazuyo and told her to see what her Grandad got up to in Manchuria. 'Good,' she said 'The Chinese deserve it.'

Re-watched The Vertical Ray Of The Sun. A beautiful film, the colour, light, everything.

One of the sad things in LA is the closure of Tower and Virgin on Sunset. I went to the Vigin Megastore in Hollywood which was terrible, a poor selection of films with everything jammed together. Los Angeles is not what it used to be...

This is what it used to say...

March 2

A half-empty flight to Los Angeles. I read the Sunday papers all about our brave warrior, Prince Harry, what a PR coup and what crap. Sleep most of the way, wake up over Idaho and Hot Springs Peak - Columbia Plateau.

As it's a new month here's a bit of what I've been reading and watching and listening to...

Jake Arnott - He Kills Coppers. Going to read this, this week. I have all his books and have only read The Long Firm, which I loved.

Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse. Another book I've had for ever, always start then never finish.

Music

The Mars Volta
    Eels - Blinking Lights
    Sly Stone - It's a Family Affair
    Megadeth - Train Of Consequences
    The Who - Magic Bus Denver 1970 Long version
    Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy. I got a finished version - couldn't get past the first two songs.
    Led Zeppelin - Good Times Bad Times
    AC/DC - Shot Down In Flames
    Tesla - Hand Me Down World

Enjoyed the film Warlords. The female lead was beautiful in a plain way. Nanking - The Documentary. Something to cheer up any evening. I gave it to Kazuyo and told her to see what her Grandad got up to in Manchuria. 'Good,' she said 'The Chinese deserve it.'

Re-watched The Vertical Ray Of The Sun. A beautiful film, the colour, light, everything.

One of the sad things in LA is the closure of Tower and Virgin on Sunset. I went to the Vigin Megastore in Hollywood which was terrible, a poor selection of films with everything jammed together. Los Angeles is not what it used to be...

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/diary/march-20...-march-2008.php

He backtracked, maybe it doesn't suck afterall...

Or the kids at MYGNR have been sending him too many e-mails.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, if it was my blog and a thousand people were sending me emails every two seconds, I'd remove it as well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Well, if it was my blog and a thousand people were sending me emails every two seconds, I'd remove it as well.

he always says somethign about gnr then removes is within a day or 2...maybe he just needed some hits on his website or something 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer