You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, you could even make the special section password protected, so people have to PM you for the password. That way, it's an extra layer of insulation for those who might easily be tempted to click into the thread.

Thats actually a really good idea Bri.  Not necessarily to stop people from downloading it.  But to insulate the forum from prying eyes trying to see whats going on.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe use it like the brainstorm section and if you request then you can have access to the leak discussions..but if you dont request then you cant get in

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, you could even make the special section password protected, so people have to PM you for the password. That way, it's an extra layer of insulation for those who might easily be tempted to click into the thread.

Actually, its not possible under the current format. When downliner gets back, if it hasn't leaked by then, I'll see if he can rig something up. IF its possible on this format, he can do it.

Like neemo mentioned, it is possible to create a specific user group that is allowed access to a section.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

only prob with russ is that he is a mod so he'll get access by default...oooo the temptation

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

Watermark or whatever, the thing will probably leak in about two weeks' time I would imagine....maybe cut a week off the usual month-before leak time b/c it is exclusive to one store.

in any event i will hold out this time. in the past, i downloaded with glee b/c I felt I needed a reason to keep sticking with this thing. with it coming out, i feel like i should save that last little bit of surprise and make that day meaningful.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Is it possible to 'get around' the watermarks without too much of an adverse affect on the music?

Yes. All you have to do is record it through a regular cd player with a line out to the computer. I know someone who leaked Oasis' album and that's how he got around the watermark.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I'm going to try to hold out, now that we know it's coming out.  I probably will download it though...ideally I want to dig my old CD player out and listen to it properly!

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
war wrote:

we should ALL agree to hear it on the same day/night.......i know it is impossible to expect or enforce such a notion as everybody coming together for one cause but how cool would it be for the forum if we got everyone to meet in the chat room the night it comes out and listen to it and celebrate it together.

I'm pretty sure the site would crash  18

Board footer