You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

Locomotive98 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

Scraped is balls to the wall rock....what are you Smoking? Riad? IRS? Shacklers?

Oh my God, Scraped is okay, but ermmm, okay, fuck, Axl just can do a rocker like he used to be able too....  Can Scraped really hang with YCBM or Nighttrain?

dude, nothing Axl does will be good enough for you unless Slash is involved....just admit it. You are an old school Slash nutswinger. Nothing wrong with that but it is pretty obvious from your posts here and at HTGTH.:slash:

I'll be the first to admit that and no-one should have to hide their preferences - After all JimBob isnt here anymore. Guns N Roses used to be my favourite band, no question, everything about them was fucking awesome, the sum of all parts. The music, the band, the controversy. I used to await and love every crazy thing they did without question. This is a cut and paste, badly produced clusterfuck. Dont get me wrong, I like it, but I dont love it by anymeans - its a different animal. More like a rabbit that the snarling tiger that was old GNR.

This has only taken so long because Axl wants people to forget the old band ever existed and try to hoodwink people to think this is GNr as its always been. This is aimed at a whole new fanbase, 14 year old scrotes looking for a proper rock band. Cant be done - there'll always be Appetite an UYI to show how GNR is done properly - no doubt a (lucrative) albatross around Axl's neck. People looking for the 'most dangerous band in the world' would probably be better off downloading the discography of Enya. I only hope that new folks investigating this album will step back and go 'fuck, thats real GNR' when they listen to Appetite or Lies or whatever.

Just my 2 cents - go on, flame me to death.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Shouldn't we wait to actually listen to the cd from beginning to end before putting the dagger in to the production? Are we gonna make final judgement based on leaks, fanmade shit, and mp3/4's from various digital sources? I understand your concerns, but in all fairness, half the time I don't know what I am listening to since I have 3 versions of the songs in various digital formats!:P

I agree that everyone should just enjoy the album for what it is. I probably should have waited until having the actual disc in my stereo before bringing up flaws from the production side of things, but some of them stick out like sore thumbs. That adds to the weakness of the production/mixing. Some songs sound amazing, while others are bogged down terribly. Shackler's is perfection from that standpoint, yet a song like Better has been butchered into oblivion.

Last night someone told me they hope this whole album gets released on the Rock Band series so the geeks can mix this album properly. 16

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I enjoy any music that comes my way. I don't often criticize every detail of everything. Making music isn't the easiest thing in the world. You should set out to please yourself not everyone else, and I feel that's what Axl has done. He's satisfied with it so we should be too. I don't know about you guys but if it's good enough to Axl, It's good enough to be in my cd player.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, Axl credits himself in the mixing section so there you have it. I didn't know he was an engineer....:lol: craziest guy in the project does the most work.:ummm: I'll say it to him..."just shut up and sing"...:thumbup:

Sky Dog wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Oh my God, Scraped is okay, but ermmm, okay, fuck, Axl just can do a rocker like he used to be able too....  Can Scraped really hang with YCBM or Nighttrain?

dude, nothing Axl does will be good enough for you unless Slash is involved....just admit it. You are an old school Slash nutswinger. Nothing wrong with that but it is pretty obvious from your posts here and at HTGTH.:slash:

I'll be the first to admit that and no-one should have to hide their preferences - After all JimBob isnt here anymore. Guns N Roses used to be my favourite band, no question, everything about them was fucking awesome, the sum of all parts. The music, the band, the controversy. I used to await and love every crazy thing they did without question. This is a cut and paste, badly produced clusterfuck. Dont get me wrong, I like it, but I dont love it by anymeans - its a different animal. More like a rabbit that the snarling tiger that was old GNR.

This has only taken so long because Axl wants people to forget the old band ever existed and try to hoodwink people to think this is GNr as its always been. This is aimed at a whole new fanbase, 14 year old scrotes looking for a proper rock band. Cant be done - there'll always be Appetite an UYI to show how GNR is done properly - no doubt a (lucrative) albatross around Axl's neck. People looking for the 'most dangerous band in the world' would probably be better off downloading the discography of Enya. I only hope that new folks investigating this album will step back and go 'fuck, thats real GNR' when they listen to Appetite or Lies or whatever.

Just my 2 cents - go on, flame me to death.

no flames, good post.....I would prefer to call the new album and band a sort of "Frankenstein".

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

I will be 42 years old in Jan. Axl is 46. Call me back when you get that age and let me know if you are the same as you were when you were 25.

You can deny my post all you want...."truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?"   ha....I hate doing the dorky Axl song quote, but since you brought up Sorry.

Well, you got a point there!  I do enjoy new GNR, but I love the older stuff....

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
madagas wrote:

Well, Axl credits himself in the mixing section so there you have it. I didn't know he was an engineer....:lol: craziest guy in the project does the most work.:ummm: I'll say it to him..."just shut up and sing"...:thumbup:

Creatively, I think it may have been a mistake to step into the mixing, but it might have been a total nessesity. I have a feeling that Andy did a wonderful job but then they added parts - and they couldn't get him to come back in and re-do the whole thing.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Over at Mygnr there's a review/interview with the singer from Pigeons of Death Metal and he has this to say about the sound/production:

Hughes, whose band recently released its third album, Heart On, was especially taken with the musicianship on the record, which he called "unparalleled." The LP's overall sound also impressed him.

"The production values had to be probably at the highest level of anything, and you can hear that immediately," he said. "There is not a lot of magic going on, in terms of making sh-- from nothing. These are real players, and this is the greatest karaoke band ever assembled. He pulled together some of the greatest talents from the last 16 years, so it's a lot of talent in one spot."

Devclasof2012rox
 Rep: 0 

Can somebody hook me up with the album?

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

I will be 42 years old in Jan. Axl is 46. Call me back when you get that age and let me know if you are the same as you were when you were 25.

You can deny my post all you want...."truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?"   ha....I hate doing the dorky Axl song quote, but since you brought up Sorry.

Well, you got a point there!  I do enjoy new GNR, but I love the older stuff....

I love the older stuff too, but those days are long gone for me and Mr Rose. Life sucks.

Board footer