You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Re: videos on the way?

Nik wrote:

no official news, but according to a source from Universal, videos for both singles are ready and waiting the definitive "OK" by Axl

take it with a good old grain of salt

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Hrm. Hear I thought the video age was over... With TRL goiong down the drain...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

How long as that video been on their myspace page, with all the backstage footage and Better playing over the top of it? If it's new could that be a clip of the new vid?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Cd is dead as a single now that Better is being unveiled. Two videos highly unlikely. If they wanted to do a video for CD, should have unleashed it weeks ago. If they continue trying to promote CD, its gonna take much needed attention away from Better and they'll kill each other jockeying for chart position. In other words, two videos=buzz killer. Before anyone says rap artists do this, GNR isn't rap. They need 100% focus on one song to move units after the initial first week sales.

strato, the 'video age' never died. It just moved from MTV to youtube.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

How long as that video been on their myspace page, with all the backstage footage and Better playing over the top of it? If it's new could that be a clip of the new vid?

Where's this vid at?

I agree with James.  Releasing two videos is a bad idea at this point.  Like he pointed out, it isn't rap.  GNR are going to have to focus on promoting just one single at a time to get the full effect.

I know these two singles will be played back to back Thursday on my local station.  They do "Doubleshot Thursdays", playing two songs from the same artist in a row.

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

no. I think that's only a promo clip.

A Private Eye

Saikin wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Where's this vid at?

About halfway down the page on the right hand side. Click the video box to activate it, then click the video link. There's a live montage with Better and two awesome CD commercials. The longer of the two commercials says CD featuring tracks 'CD' and Better.

It's the montage that's really interesting, I'd love to see what else Lush productions has in their vault.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I hope a video is out soon. Axl hasn't said shit but a video would help fill that void nicely. I am happy they released two singles to kick off the album. I posted before that they should do that.

Von

Von wrote:

As I said in the new single thread, a major release by a major act not having a promo video is fucking pathetic. The video age never died, networks like MTV just stopped regularly airing videos. That's also because the audience for videos is so thinly spread out across so many different media outlets, that the novelty of a 24 hour video network is all but lost and it would be nearly impossible to either program a whole day based solely on videos or gain any significant ad revenue from such a move. Do I agree with MTV? No, not particularly, but there are still networks like Fuse and even VH1 Classic regularly plays new videos by "classic" bands. Just the other night they played The Day That Never Comes, Bach's (Love Is) a Bitchslap, and Def Leppard's Nine Lives. Almost every cable and satellite provider has exclusive music video channels and content. You can download videos to your iPod. As James said, things like YouTube and even MySpace have become THE destination for watching videos. There's an enormous amount of possibilities in getting a video airplay, despite what MTV may or may not be airing. Even if the thing aired only once on fucking Headbangers Ball, at least it shows this band made the effort. It's an effort I have yet to see. Someone just the other day, a casual fan who really likes the new material, said to me "Why doesn't GN'R have a video out for their new single? Aren't they proud of their album?" I said "Apparently not."

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

speaking of videos, for some reason i totally think that if one is done for IRS it should be ala the old Robert Palmer videos, crash course with the Beastie Boys' Sabotage.. Axl with a bunch of hot lookalike girls in business attire and a 70's style tv format.

???

Board footer