You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: In the Wake of a 100-0 Win, a Texas Coach Loses His Job

Neemo wrote:

aparently the team that lost only has like 23 girls in the whole school so there isnt much of a talent pool to choose from, they havent won in 4 years of existence

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If that team didn't want to lose, try harder. When you go out on the court, its not your objective to take it easy on your competition.

James it was 100-0!!! Not 100-30, or 100-15!!! I know people here aren't big basketball fans, but they were basically playing a full court press!! Even in the 4th Quarter when it was 80-0 & they were still shooting 3's. Similar to blitzing the QB when your team is up 50-0 & still throwing deep on offense. I bet everyone here hated Belicheck for doing it last year, and that was against professionals.  This was against 16 & 17 year old girls with learning disabilities & as Neemo said a talent pool of 23 to chose from.  I'm glad this guy got fired, I feel like looking his # up & calling him to tell him what a douchebag he is & to go shoot himself (can't though, I lost my phone).

supaplex wrote:

and if they are handicapped then get them in games with other teams of handicapped people. they want to be treated like a handicapped people's team then say so at the start of the game. "look, we have handicapped people in our team, so could you please go a little easy on us, or give us a 50 point handicap from the start?" but no, instead they waited until after the game and blamed the other coach.

why the double standards? you have a handicapped team but you want to play with normal kids? then don't come home crying that you lost 100-0.

Wow man, you people lack compassion. For the record, I'm pretty sure I read in another article about this the girls on the other team didn't mind & took it very well.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

He wants to get on The Golden Rule thing, I do believe it says do unto others as you would have them do to you.

And they're trying to tell me the other team would have handed them the ball and said here ya go? No. Get real. Life is full of losses and you have to deal with that.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Don't give them points for free but you can let them inbound the ball and play a 3-2 zone. You can stop shooting 3s.

This guy had his team continue to play extremely aggressive far after it was necessary with the intention of running up the score.

If I was on Covenant I'd have been pissed. Because if I was down 70-0 and the other team was still putting on a full court press I'd probably whip the ball at the opponents face. I'm surprised Covenant got out of there without a broken nose or two. Don't put me in a position to have my face needlessly wrecked, coach.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Oh god...I can't believe some of you support this kind of behavior...

the pussification of America? please...

You're acting like this high school girl's game is the pros...I don't think it's quite that seroius. There was no reason for this...and I agree with the decision to fire him. Not so much because of the game...but because of his insubordination...he was told to apoligize...and he wouldn't.

Oh wait...so it's okay for the coach to beat up on someone littler than him, but not okay for someone to beat up on him>

You're all so predictable...me...aggressive, dominant man...you...weak and pathetic....raaaaaaaaaaaaarr...watch me beat you 100-0...me superior, you weak...

evolve a little, please

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This story is hilarious all the way around. I feel bad for the coach. Seriously, if you get your ass handed to you in sports, deal with it.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You're acting like this high school girl's game is the pros...I don't think it's quite that seroius. There was no reason for this...and I agree with the decision to fire him. Not so much because of the game...but because of his insubordination...he was told to apoligize...and he wouldn't.

no, it's not the pros but, i did not hear anyone say they talked to the guy during the game and told him to slow down. if they did then yes, he should be fired. my point is, if you're going to blame him for it why wait until after the game? it's not like it happened in a second.

and what about the parents cheering their kids on until they got to 100. why does nobody say anything about them? maybe because you can't do nothing to them, right. or cheering on is not that bad in your eyes?

the kids played a game. they wanted to win. they had fun. if the others didn't just say it or leave.

and how about all the games we don't hear about because they're not on national press? should i feel sorry for every kid that loses a game by a wide margin? i played basketball growing up. i played with people way better and bigger than me. i lost games a lot. i got pissed at the moment but the next day i was on the court taking the same people on until i got better.

stop making a tragedy out of a basketball game. it's just a game.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

supaplex, you're forgetting which era we live in. Everyone has to be instant winners with zero effort put in. If someone loses or gets egg on their face, the opposition must be destroyed.

The Olympics should just start handing out gold medals to people who show up. We wouldn't want anyone to get mad at the prospect of losing.

Communist China

How do you not get that this isn't the olympics? I don't want to reward the team that lost but it has ALWAYS been a point of honor not to kick people when they're down.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think the best question is....who really gives a rats ass about girls highschool basketball? 16

Board footer